Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went with the 44 t rear and i have to say i'm very happy with the results. I was going to go with the front 16 but from what i have read on this forum the rear is the easy way togo.. took me 10 min ... As far as the speedo its now only off by 2 mph not 6 as with the stock... now it 80mph indicated is 78 on my gps... i can live with that....now i can ride all day at a true 80mph just on the edge of 6,000 rpm that were i like it .... the power is the same as far i'm concerned....:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,785 Posts
Good looking sprocket. Did mine about 2 weeks ago and the V is a different machine now.

Go enjoy the ride.

:cheers:

·
Registered
251 Posts
What kind of mileage do you guys have? Did you just change out the sprocket, or the whole drive train(Fastoman)? I currently have just under 11,000 on mine, but the sprockets and chain are showing very minimal wear. Should i just wait until the whole thing needs to be replaced?

What say you?

·
Registered
623 Posts
I want to do the same thing but my chain seems to have uneven stretch marks in it so I figure it's best to replace the whole drive system.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I had 18000 miles on my V when I went to the 44 rear. My OEM chain was still within the stretch limits but was making noise. I changed all 3. Very happy with the 44 and a new OEM front. Put on a DID Gold X ring chain.

Should be good for another 18000 I hope,,,,

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi Guys -

I have some mechanical experience, but would be considered a novice several times over relative to some of the guys on this site....for some reason taking off the tires scares me. Is it really that easy? Any special tools? I know this sounds silly, but is the circumference of the 44t the same as the OEM? (and therefore no chain change needed).

·
Registered
287 Posts
I went with the 44 rear Renthal alloy one when I changed chains about 6,000 miles ago and I agree, it changes the whole feel of the bike. Probably the best change I've ever done. Power seems smoother, first gear is useable :clap: and I think my mileage hasn't suffered too much with me being in the 5,000 rpm and up range more.:D Now if I could only get about 20 more hp...:devil:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Hi Guys -

I have some mechanical experience, but would be considered a novice several times over relative to some of the guys on this site....for some reason taking off the tires scares me. Is it really that easy? Any special tools? I know this sounds silly, but is the circumference of the 44t the same as the OEM? (and therefore no chain change needed).
It works fine with the original chain. The axle moves back, but there's still enough adjustment left.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Hi Guys -

...I know this sounds silly, but is the circumference of the 44t the same as the OEM? (and therefore no chain change needed).
No !
A certain amount of teeth have a specific diameter since every "cog" have the same geometry/dimension
More teeth, bigger diameter
Less, smaller

LOP

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm trying to avoid paying full shipping to 2 different places to get the parts that I need.

Do you guys know of a single vendor that has all of these:
- Steel 44T rear sprocket
- Rubber dampened 15T front sprocket (like OEM)
- Brand (DID, RKA, etc.) 520 chain
- bonus: Chain breaker/riveter tool

I went to sprocketcenter where I can get the Steel rear and the chain, but not the OEM-like front with rubber damping. :eek:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'm trying to avoid paying full shipping to 2 different places to get the parts that I need.

Do you guys know of a single vendor that has all of these:
- Steel 44T rear sprocket
- Rubber dampened 15T front sprocket (like OEM)
- Brand (DID, RKA, etc.) 520 chain
- bonus: Chain breaker/riveter tool

I went to sprocketcenter where I can get the Steel rear and the chain, but not the OEM-like front with rubber damping. :eek:
Try Bike Bandit. They have OEM as well as aftermarket parts. 10% discount to AMA members, too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts