Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I highly recommend that stuff. it makes the balancing of throttle bodies so much easier. in my 650 there was not much to adjust as both throttle bodies were in perfect synch. But soon I will check my 1000. anyway, a great investment. I am scared to do that adjustment in my Kawasaki dealer as the tool they use looks like from the 2nd world war, when they were adjusting the german tanks:)

Attachments

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
The one thing that I am not clear about, what the numbers on the display represent? I had 154 reading on both cylinders. Are they just arbitrary numbers?

·
Premium Member
8,088 Posts
This is what I got from site FAQ:-
Each digit represents 0.113 inHg. Note that there is an offset from atmospheric pressure of 2.823inHg (25 digits). That is why the gauge reads approx. "25" when the engine is not running. Please note that the actual values are not important for balancing carbs or throttle bodies. What is important is consistency (balance) between all the measurements. All the values should be within 1-digit of each other for accuracy. Doing this will ensure your machine runs at it's optimum and will likely synchronize your engine with higher accuracy than your local mechanic's tools will allow.

·
Banned
1 Posts
That is correct. We always tell our customers to focus on getting the numbers to match (sync). You will have the best luck with that.

However, this is a very common question. So, we are considering a software update that will display in inHg.

·
Premium Member
8,088 Posts
All Vacuum is measured in Hg and that will be a good direction to consider. Thanks for the update.

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
We can't tell you how excited we are to see people recommend our product.
We've been selling these for 6 years now and the business has thrived primarily on chat-forum recommendations, just like this one.

If anyone has any questions or even skepticism, we are here to help either here in the forum or privately by emailing us at [email protected].

FYI: To avoid the long shipping delays, we now have products sitting in the Amazon UK distribution centers. If you buy from there, please leave us a positive review. It WILL help us grow!

Thank you Kris for the wonderful recommendation!!!
Also in all fairness I have a Morgan Carbtune Pro as quoted from their site "
The total cost delivered airmail for the 4-col Carbtune and Toolpouch is £80 British pounds. (£71+ £9 airmail USA) That's about $US109. That's the total price delivered airmail to your postal address. " And the reading is HG

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I received an email from Digi Sinc team, and 1 unit represents 0.1129 inHG which is 2.86766002 mmHg. Now that multiplied by 154 equals 441.61 mmHg. Meaning that it is higher than what is 'recommended' in manual which is around 300 mmHg. I have been told many times that this does not matter at all, and to ignore it, but it is still interesting. Any explanation for having such a high number?

When I look at the manual, it speaks about installing the air cleaner housing before doing the reading, and I have done it without the air box installed. Could that influence the reading? According to many forums I read, most do the vacuum sync with air box removed. It is also difficult to access the adjustment screws with the box on.

·
Premium Member
8,088 Posts
From what I recall most of us down here do the vacuum adjustment with the filtter on. Give it a go and see the difference in readings.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From what I recall most of us down here do the vacuum adjustment with the filtter on. Give it a go and see the difference in readings.
I think there is no difference. in Yamaha manual, you are supposed to do the sync without the air filter, at least this is what I read forums. Kawasaki instructions are just too anal.

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
In my photo the bike is completely together, just came back from a ride, it takes about 5 minutes from start to finish. I can then be back riding. Cost about $10 for the vacuum line and two 1/4 stainless hex bolts.

Reactions: Fly-Sig

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I am curious if there is any data showing the correlation/difference between digital vs liquid measurements. The mass of the liquid will affect the reading, as will the frequency of the pulses of vacuum vs a steady state vacuum.

Iow, there may be different readings from different types/brands of tools.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts