Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is an mp3 clip of my new 2011 versys on a small backroad. The first pass is the most blatant example. Although, the road did not permit fast speed to truly show that when shifted into 4th, the noise completely goes away at any RPM.

Should I be worried? Has anybody experienced anything like this on their V or ANY bike?

http://k004.kiwi6.com/hotlink/tqn0khjw4x/4_29_12_4_30_pm.mp3

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah, in the first postings he had this is what he wrote:

"...Secondly, 3rd gear does make a pretty noticeable whine sound about halfway up the rpms... ONLY 3rd gear. Is this some sort of torque converter noise or something? ..."

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I meant to post this in technical discussions, too. Sorry.

But I did a google search and found a forum thread from 2006.. V twin and Harley page, a guy complained about his brand new glide or whatever. He said its got 200 miles and 3rd gear is turning heads its so loud(admittedly exaggerated). And the other gears, if it's there it's very hard to hear.

Everybody chipped in about the set up job, and how the factory or set up guy puts the primary chain tight because it's going to break in....

Well, slack looks good on mine and it's ONLY 3rd, not a general noise.

I'd like to contact kawasaki directly because I don't fully trust any mechanic that I don't know

·
Registered
293 Posts
I meant to post this in technical discussions, too. Sorry.

But I did a google search and found a forum thread from 2006.. V twin and Harley page, a guy complained about his brand new glide or whatever. He said its got 200 miles and 3rd gear is turning heads its so loud(admittedly exaggerated). And the other gears, if it's there it's very hard to hear.

Everybody chipped in about the set up job, and how the factory or set up guy puts the primary chain tight because it's going to break in....

Well, slack looks good on mine and it's ONLY 3rd, not a general noise.

I'd like to contact kawasaki directly because I don't fully trust any mechanic that I don't know
This was posted in the other forum -- I have the same sounds.. My bike has 6k on it.. Not sure if its a real issue. Other riders say they ahve it to, but not all.

I have it in more than just 3rd.. Its faint on others.. its near the lower RPM range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts