Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,

The latest rave here (in Israel) is 3D mesh seat cover - all the scooter delivery guys who ride around town all day use it and swear by it. I was thinking of getting one and would love to hear if anyone has tried it and how much was it.

this is what I'm talking about :

·
Registered
720 Posts
i am having it. I felt nothing out of this world difference except:

pro : No butt-baking after hours under direct sun.
con : it made the seat slippery and i slide to the front more.

I cant feel anything like cool wind under the butt like what most of others who used it claimed to experience. Or pain relieve over long miles on the saddle. Which i think is nothing much than placebo.

that's a non slip mat on the pillion side of the seat. It's slippery, remember?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Oh, another reason why i kept it on. My neighbourhood cats. I'd rather have them clawing on the mesh (no damage, really) than having them sunk their claws on the seat.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Oh, another reason why i kept it on. My neighbourhood cats. I'd rather have them clawing on the mesh (no damage, really) than having them sunk their claws on the seat.
Not big on mesh. If a cat ever gets close to the my V I will shoot it! :thumb: I have a special cat gun!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
MTS, share with me the Cat gun. I have cat problems.

Back to the topic, I have the MESH cover and it makes it more slippery. My wife who rides pillion don't like it, saying it is hard. I find it ok, and the best part is when it rains, the water will not collect at your butt area. I have so far stayed dry on the butt area with the rain pants which have been know to leak in rain water collected at the butt area.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
MTS, share with me the Cat gun. I have cat problems.

Back to the topic, I have the MESH cover and it makes it more slippery. My wife who rides pillion don't like it, saying it is hard. I find it ok, and the best part is when it rains, the water will not collect at your butt area. I have so far stayed dry on the butt area with the rain pants which have been know to leak in rain water collected at the butt area.
Excellent cat gun! American Classic Crossman Model 1377 .177 cal. Up to 10 pumps I use 3 pumps! They never come back! :thumb:

Good luck! I am not a cat hater at all. They are just not allowed on my property. :goodluck:

Did not mean to hijack! Sorry! Back to topic! :thumb: :goodluck:

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a really nice Beaman-Webley pellet target pistol that I put the cleaning wads in it, and let me tell you, it doesn't harm them, but they never come back either.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I have a really nice Beaman-Webley pellet target pistol that I put the cleaning wads in it, and let me tell you, it doesn't harm them, but they never come back either.
Thats a great idea! I don't want to harm someones pet, but keep your pet on your property! Ha! Ha! A little sting helps the memory! :thumb:

By the way never chase a cat off your property. They will come back later and spray piss all over the place! LOL Move very slow and put the hurt on them! LOL :thumb:

Its fun and helps the cat get back home! :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Not big on mesh. If a cat ever gets close to the my V I will shoot it! :thumb: I have a special cat gun!

I cant guard my bike 24/7, lol. Anyway i am a cat person, so i'd just let them be.
In fact i'd be happy if they start clawing my tyres instead

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I cant guard my bike 24/7, lol. Anyway i am a cat person, so i'd just let them be.
In fact i'd be happy if they start clawing my tyres instead
If you want cats to stay off your bike just put chicken wire around it onthe ground. Put some bends in it so its off the ground a couple inches. They hate that and will not walk on it! :thumb: Thats how you make a no cat zone!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts