Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there :)

Today I returned back home from my 33 days tour in Europe on a versys :) for the daily report please check this thread http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36314

Statistics:
10000km, 34 days, 13 countries, 52 cities, 2000 photos, 10 driving videos

Mechanical status:

not a single issue except the clutch cable and snapped in Hamburg and it was fixed the next day :) Versys for me was very reliable mechanically and quiet comfortable on the long distance trip.

Gears:

1- Fieldsheer Aston 2.0: excellent leather jacket for summer season: vents so well and you fill protected inthere
2- Drayko Jeans: excellent and comfortable. I fit alpinstars vapor knee guards under it and
3- AXO Freedom GT WP boots: extremely comfortable!! easy to walk with! under light to moderate rains they are WP, however, for heavy rains I felt that my feet were a bit wet...
4: drifire shirts and pants: the best buy for me: very breathable, can sustain days of sweat without odors.., easy to wash and dries very fast!

Accessories:

1- Givi E450 Simply Monolock: loaded more that 10kg and sustained 180km/h speed ;)
2- Nelson Rigg Saddlebag CL-150: can't recommend it enough! very stable, a lot of space, WP, and used it as a back rest as well.
3- H&B crash bars: sustained 3 drops (at parking) on the same side! not a single scratch to the bike except for the barkbusters plastic cover.
4- givi windscreen: I am 6"1' plus 1 inch following the modding of the seat...above 100km/h the givi is useless for me...but still it is much better than the stock one.

GPS:

I used my iphone with Navigon Europe :) it is such a gem!! extremely reliable, up to date, detailed, loaded with tourists destinations, you can choose motobike roads, etc...it was for free (jailbroken iphone...) and during rains I used a 0,05 USD white plastic and make it WP :D

finally, I photo dedicated to the members of the forum :) it was taken in the region of Guadalajara not far from Madrid.

I just wanted to share with you a feeling, for such trips we come back different :) it was such a fulfilling experience that summarized so much aspects of our lives as human beings...our need for discovering news things....how office is not really suitable for us!....how happiness can be in simple and little things....how people do live happy in small and unknown towns...I was setting my direction to a famous city but on the way I discovered so many towns and villages that were much better to me at least...like in life generally, we do want to achieve things that we think they will make us happy but on the way we change our mind as we discover our true self... :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
sounds fantastic! A Europe trip is on my to do list and like you said, I always prefer the smaller out of the way towns and highways. I have no desire to see London, Paris, etc.
Do you live in Europe or did you ship your bike over. ?

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts

·
Banned
895 Posts
So l'll assume that you're safely back in Morocco now Puri........

If you can , it would be great if you stitched all your photos together & made a Youtube video out of them maybe with music!?!?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Britmik :) great minds share often the same ideas :)

I spent the afternoon working on the video compiling all the videos I recorded using the windscreen camera :) I added some music to it and it is being now loaded in youtube ( 780 MB and 34 min, the loading is taking 280min...). I think it will be done overnight so tomorrow first hour I will post the link here ;)

for the photos I will do it tomorrow as well. I need to finish everything tomorrow as I am taking a 7 hours flight back to office on friday...yeah back to reality...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is the first video :)

this was recorded by a small point and shoot camera (25 USD) that I installed behind the windshield...so bear with the quality please lol

I am working on the second video now...

Britmick: office is in GCC, and Morocco because I'm Moroccan and I left my bike there for the purpose of the trip...now I'm getting ready for the next year trip in eastern Europe and Russia may be...it is not confirmed as my girl proposed me so .... :D

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Love it! Thanks for sharing your adventure.

(Those "get back in your own lane" arrows make a lot of sense.)

·
Banned
895 Posts
1st....where is GCC???:confused:

2nd, great video, quality not a problem, & it was good to see the difference in climate & topography that Europe has.(was the rain & mist ever a problem in the Switzerland area?)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GCC = gulf states...

honestly it was raining a lot in my way from innsbuck to lucern through St Anton, the Klausenpass, altdorf an a bit before Lucern. However, the combination of excellent austria-switzerland roads and the PR3 tires made it easy for me to keep moderate speed and do some light leaning...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts