Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have got the stock panniers. They are quite pricey, but I got the bike fully optioned for a good price.

The stock panniers are quite small (17L IIRC), especially because they are narrower in the middle. They are made of hard sturdy plastic and handle shocks well. However, they do vibrate quite a bit. I like the fact that I only need one key to operate the bike and access the panniers. I think that's the main advantage.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pricey and small.........
Maybe I'll just end up putting something like pelican cases on then.

I don't even have a X300 yet............just anticipating!

I wish I could test ride one first, still not totally decided between a 300 or 650?
Seems like I just commute anymore.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Depends on your needs. The 300 is a decent bike. If you do a lot of highway commuting it may be better to go with a 650. The 300 has a very high-revving engine, which can get tiring on longer trips. I don't have a problem with it, the engine is very smooth nonetheless.

The seat is definitely much better on the 650 and the 1000. The seat on the 300 is like concrete. As a consequence, I ride a lot standing up. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
the greatest feature of the OEM side boxes is their size. the size is proportional to the size of the bike, they don't stick out of your handelbar width so you can manuver through teraffic with more certitude that you are not hitting cars or sliding the boxes on other cars. If you travel solo and you don't tour around the world, I'd say these boxes are pretty suitable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Actually I took the bike out, and you're right. The panniers do not stick out further than the handlebar. It's true that I have never had any trouble navigating in traffic with the panniers.

But are aftermarket panniers really that much wider?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Actually I took the bike out, and you're right. The panniers do not stick out further than the handlebar. It's true that I have never had any trouble navigating in traffic with the panniers.

They can be. Depends o m the size, and the rack they are mounted on

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts

The Shad SH23 bags on my bike are 37” wide......the handlebars are 34” wide when measured at the ends of the weights.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts