Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the left side of the engine next to a radiator I found three different connectors that are not connected anywhere. Who knows what these connectors?

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Yes, I remember the great undocumented 2010 5A fuse mystery... It has now been documented.

I just looked in the 2010 factory service manual and in the appendix, it is listed as "Accessory Relay Fuse 5 A (Insert the connector from the bottom in the rear fender side bracket)"

That's it. No further mention on WTH it is..

Maybe for heated clothing or such?
Here's two photos showing the 5 amp fuse and holder. You can see the two color-coded wires, which are white with a olive-green stripe. One has widely spaced stripe, the other is more closely spaced.

Looking towards back of bike:

Looking from left side:

The wires route into the main wiring bundle. In the top photo, it curves around and heads towards the viewer. I didn't see anyplace obvious they appear at the far end, but I didn't take anything apart. I'm still at work (on break, or brake or somethin')

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Hey Tigerpawed, how did you do that `View Single Post’ link?

I can see how to construct it by hand (.../showpost.php?p=nnnnnn&postcount=nn) but it’s kinda cumbersome to do. Is there a forum thread tool/function that I’m missing?

Thanks
If you look in the upper right corner of each post, there is a number. If you click that number, it'll open the single post. The you just copy the URL from your browser address bar, & paste it in the "link" box in your reply, just like any other link....

·
Registered
466 Posts
Those connectors do not even look like stock Kawasaki connectors. Trace the wires and see where they go. Use a volt meter and see if any are hot with ignition on and ignition off. You are on the trail then Sherlock.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Those connectors do not even look like stock Kawasaki connectors. Trace the wires and see where they go. Use a volt meter and see if any are hot with ignition on and ignition off. You are on the trail then Sherlock.
Sherlock used to say "come Watson, the game is afoot".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts