Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do on a sunday when your bored? pack up the bike and hit the rode. My gal and myself decided to ride from our hometown of Roanoke Va. and head to Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown and then on to Newport News. We left on sunday and came home on tues. total of 580 miles. In the essence of time we ran the interstate both ways but took sideroads whenever possible. The bike performed flawlessly and averaged 75mph. Since we packed light no saddlebags were used, only the top box. Of course we stopped at Captain George's Seafood for an amazing buffet.. we ate till we could hardly walk:eek: and yet we found room for breakfast at the Chickahominy house for cheesey eggs and biscuits the next morning! The temps were in the high 90's and hit 110 with the humidity and heat index in Newport News.. Both of us wore mesh riding gear, and soaked out T-shirts which helped alot! All in all we had an amazing time and look forward to our next adventure!:yeahsmile:

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cool pics thanks for sharing!
It's really amazing how well the V handles 2up riding. IMO
And every road trip is better when you can enjoy it with someone.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks like a cool ride and a good time. So, was she comfortable back there? Passenger comfort is the only thing keeping me in a big fat cruiser...

My passenger, btw is neither big nor fat :D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
peg is very comfortable on the bike, only mods is the top box for her to lean back on and a wooden bead seat cover, on a side note... that beaded seat cover is the BEST!! in hot weather, you can actually feel the air flow up under your legs and butt.. no monkey butt at all.. we only stopped every 125 miles or so.. and each time neither of us felt sore .. her seat is stock and she loves it. i did a total rework of mine and now it's great.. ( i posted pics on the mod in a previous post)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts