Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I should be in after this one. I just picked up an 08 650 Versys yesterday and probably paid too much, but the guy was a newlywed so Maybe I just helped him out a bit. :) I've been riding for a few years (54) and this is my first Versys. I must say it is one of the few bikes that I will need a little extra time to get used to. Currently I am on my second Goldwing and pushing 200,000 miles between the two. It is a great bike but not too good on the dirt. I did a 12,000 mile ride this summer from AZ to AK and then every highway in AK end to end on a R1200GS. Personally I never cared for the GS that much so sold it when I got home. This Versys will probably take the place of a little scooter I have, but it will also be a bit of a trailer queen for some of the rally's I attend that seem to always have foul weather. :) I think I will have to look up FastEddie down here in AZ as it looks like he has his set up the way I think I want mine. I better get this posted so my 48 hours can get started. :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
Well, I should be in after this one. I just picked up an 08 650 Versys yesterday and probably paid too much, but the guy was a newlywed so Maybe I just helped him out a bit. :) I've been riding for a few years (54) and this is my first Versys. I must say it is one of the few bikes that I will need a little extra time to get used to. Currently I am on my second Goldwing and pushing 200,000 miles between the two. It is a great bike but not too good on the dirt. I did a 12,000 mile ride this summer from AZ to AK and then every highway in AK end to end on a R1200GS. Personally I never cared for the GS that much so sold it when I got home. This Versys will probably take the place of a little scooter I have, but it will also be a bit of a trailer queen for some of the rally's I attend that seem to always have foul weather. :) I think I will have to look up FastEddie down here in AZ as it looks like he has his set up the way I think I want mine. I better get this posted so my 48 hours can get started. :)
A great friend of mine owns nothing but Goldwings.. he has done several IB on one, and a few 24hr 1500 miler's on one. he also did a Key West to Purdue Bay Alaska including 430 miles of Dirt road all togther.. Gave me a new respect for the folks that can manhandle that beast around I tell ya!

The Versys is like a bicycle in comparison in terms of weight!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.