Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posting again to get my 'quota' in so that I can start using the forums without restriction. Looking forward to getting my full arrow exhaust fitted but I bought it off a guy who had it on an '07(mine is an '09') and the flanges that fit over the manifold studs are a couple mm's narrower centre to centre than my stock and won't slide over the studs. I thought they were all exactly the same??!! I tried to just fit the arrow as a slip-on instead but that was leaving the can WAY too close to the tire for my liking. Am thinking of going to a custom exhaust shop for some help. Guess I don't have too much to lose by trying to drill out the holes a little bigger? Advice? Any other must have mods? I'm happy with the windshield I'm running and have shorty levers, aftermarket mirrors, and a givi topcase but otherwise am stock. Opinions on power commander in conjunction with the arrow exhaust?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
19,774 Posts
...Guess I don't have too much to lose by trying to drill out the holes a little bigger? Advice?....
I would drill the holes a bit.

...Any other must have mods?...
I would upgrade the horn. Here's a pic of my '09 w/ a Stebel Nautilus (which was replaced by a WOLO from Princess Auto, basically identical but cheaper!), and it fits UNDER your side-fairing.

If you find yourself 'sliding' forward on the seat, you can raise the front for about $2 for two 6x45mm bolts, 12 washers, and a piece of scrap steel that's lying around your garage....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.