Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday here on the Rock where I live and still have no idea how to get access to the dash where the 12v Cigarette Lighter Socket goes. I really don't want to pull apart the wrong bits and pieces until I really know what to do....

Step by Step photos would be ideal if anyone has them.

Cheers,

:feedback:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Would it be simpler to run a TapLite usb adapter along the frame and zip tie it in place where you could reach it??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be easier but that kind of defeats the point of having the charger in the dash where there is already a place for it.....

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Sunday here on the Rock where I live and still have no idea how to get access to the dash where the 12v Cigarette Lighter Socket goes. I really don't want to pull apart the wrong bits and pieces until I really know what to do....

Cheers,

I take it you have a Gen 3 Versys? There SHOULD be a plug in behind the dash that the OEM 12V socket plugs into. You may have to pull some plastics to access the area behind the dash to look for the plug. That's part of the fun of having a new bike, you learn how to take it apart while you are modding it. I did the same thing with my 2011. Just started figuring out how to disassemble it to gain access to where I needed. Just take your time and don't force things. There were some interesting design fasteners that I had to figure out how to remove them correctly so they would not break. Good luck. Hopefully another gen 3 owner will chime in with specific info for ya.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Be thankful it's not a Honda CTX700. My charming wife ask if I would install a gear position indicator for her. The first instruction was "Disassemble motorcycle." :eek:

I think the oriental mind is obsessed with hidden tabs and push pin connectors! :D

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
:welcome:

the "Rock"...? You a Newfie?

If so, welcome aboard, Bye!

·
Registered
358 Posts

Or if you don't want to go to all that trouble, just drill a hole in the left side of the dash area for an Oxford 12V outlet from Revzilla and run the fused wires straight to the battery.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1433118686.188365.jpg
If you don't like it on the left side then put it on the right side.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1433118802.112340.jpg
This was done on a 2012 and took about 10 to 15 minutes. Waterproof and works well.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,434 Posts

Cheers,

You can download the Kawasaki factory service manual for the Versys here. The link for the 2010+ manual is a few pages into the thread and not at the beginning. Not sure if someone has posted the manual for the 2015+ Versys yet.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2846

I installed my 12V outlet like this. The problem I discovered post install is that it interferes with turning the handlebars to the right when anything is plugged into it. Be sure to check handlebar interference when installing as the plugged in items stick out from the jack.

·
Registered
358 Posts
You can download the Kawasaki factory service manual for the Versys here. The link for the 2010+ manual is a few pages into the thread and not at the beginning. Not sure if someone has posted the manual for the 2015+ Versys yet.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2846

I installed my 12V outlet like this. The problem I discovered post install is that it interferes with turning the handlebars to the right when anything is plugged into it. Be sure to check handlebar interference when installing as the plugged in items stick out from the jack.

It hasn't been a problem for me but I did decide I liked it on the right side better.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1433216120.025989.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.