Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Wow those fines are steep, In NZ if you get to 100 points you lose your licence for 3 months, ive got 20 points on my licence which after 2 years those point will drop off and in my case next month I will have those point drop off as its been 2 years. was doing 114 kph on 100 kph zone.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
10 or more demerit points equals a 6 month suspension, With a license suspension on your driving abstract only a very few insurance companies will be willing to insure you when you are allowed to reapply for a drivers license. With a license suspension on your driving abstract ~$4000 a year rates are the norm. I drive in the US too (mostly NY state) due to my close proximity with the US border. The difference is like night and day. Traffic enforcement in most places in Canada is ~5x greater and the traffic laws and punishments are also more severe. It gets the bad drivers off the road but also can limit what could be a very safe but spirited ride. I'm convinced a lot of the traffic enforcement has to due with revenue generation as opposed to safety although I have no sympathy for anyone who puts themselves or others at risk by the way they ride on public roads.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Yeah, it's only $21,619.83 USD at the actual conversion rate, plus hiked insurance rates when and if they ever get their license back... Well, at least they got great souvenirs of when they used to ride, on camera.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yeah, it's only $21,619.83 USD at the actual conversion rate, plus hiked insurance rates when and if they ever get their license back... Well, at least they got great souvenirs of when they used to ride, on camera.
Camera and film where seized by police officer on site

And it might not be all, since the film was review after the initial arrest/release, some more punishment might be on it's way ...

On that same day, me and a few buddy where exactly in that region at the same hours ... Doing "spirited" riding, but not to that extend (bear in mind that one buddy had a 1500 nomad and the other 1?00 shadow)

LOP

·
Registered
774 Posts
That looked like a normal morning commute. To lose a licence over that is rediculous.

At least they have free health care.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Good point. My health care(that I pay for) is going up 25% on January 1st. I must be getting some new really good doctors or something.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Good point. My health care(that I pay for) is going up 25% on January 1st. I must be getting some new really good doctors or something.
Wikipedia... dreaming... technicolor.... What do these words have in common...?

;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts