Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Versys X 300
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is William and I am a cheapskate. 馃榿 Below are pictures of my $22 handguards. They retain all the weight hardware inside the bars. You can mount these on top of the external bar weights but, in my opinion, that won't provide much damage resistance in the case of a drop. I ran up to Cycle Gear and purchased their smallest external bar weights. I think they were $18.
Here is a link to the handguards.
JFG RACING Motorcycle Universal Handguards Aluminum Hand Guards Brush Bar For off Road ATV For Electric Dirt Bike Sur Ron Motocross Dirt Bike Enduro -Green https://a.co/d/4yYWgna

Wheel Green Automotive tire Tire Hood

Vehicle Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Automotive tire Hood Green Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

Registered
My name is William and I am a cheapskate. 馃榿 Below are pictures of my $22 handguards. They retain all the weight hardware inside the bars. You can mount these on top of the external bar weights but, in my opinion, that won't provide much damage resistance in the case of a drop. I ran up to Cycle Gear and purchased their smallest external bar weights. I think they were $18.
William, they look like Dirt Bike hand guards, but the color is just like the bike. It is good that the bar weights are still in the handlebars as the vibration will still be minimized. Good match. My 2021 X300 is mostly dark grays and black and I went with the Barkbusters VSP hand guards. All turned out well.

Reactions: nj-bill

Registered
Versys X 300
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a top view that shows how I flipped the bar end weights. This isolates the throttle from the handguards. The stock bar weights had a shoulder that handled this.
Green Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Gas

Registered
Here is a top view that shows how I flipped the bar end weights. This isolates the throttle from the handguards. The stock bar weights had a shoulder that handled this.
View attachment 191518
I'm looking for hand guards to install on my X 300, which is used as a daily commuter (weather permitting). Tired of cleaning squished bugs off my riding gloves. Do these hand guards offer reasonable wind/bug protection? Thanks for posting this.

Registered
JFG RACING Motorcycle Universal Handguards Aluminum Hand Guards Brush Bar For off Road ATV For Electric Dirt Bike Sur Ron Motocross Dirt Bike Enduro -Green https://a.co/d/4yYWgna

View attachment 191517
View attachment 191516
View attachment 191515
They look like exact copies of Acerbis guards I had on my 2012 KLX250S.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts