Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
if you blinked you'd miss the whole ride...got to believe he's redone the bearings in the wheels..no stock bicycle wheel bearings would hold up to those speeds without destructing...I'll give the guy credit..heck he did it more than once...can't imagine trying to put the brakes on..looks like he coasts to a stop mostly...:cheers:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
That's precisely the kind of thing I could watch OTHER PEOPLE do all day long. The gentleman apparently has titanium testicles - and a great deal of faith in his bicycle tires. Didn't know anyone made bicycle tires capable of 200 mph. Answer to self: No one does!

Reminds me of the Frenchman who raced Richard Hammond on Top Gear using a jet powered squirrel suit, or as Hamster said, flying with four jets on a kitchen table strapped to his back. How does one learn how to do that successfully? No, I'm not interested in learning. :eek:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
if you blinked you'd miss the whole ride...got to believe he's redone the bearings in the wheels..no stock bicycle wheel bearings would hold up to those speeds without destructing...I'll give the guy credit..heck he did it more than once...can't imagine trying to put the brakes on..looks like he coasts to a stop mostly...:cheers:
ya no kidding . i use to make bike mopeds and and i remember getting bad wheel wobble at 40mph those have to be some thing far from stock

·
Registered
94 Posts
What about the tires? Those are probably the single most important parts on that thing

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
thats essentially a bicycle in name only

narrow motorcycle wheels (fat for a bicycle) high speed tires, motorcycle fork geometry, no pedals, etc.

its a rocket powered motorcycle in reality. he's still riding balls out and deserves a lot of credit, but it only resembles a bicycle.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
thats essentially a bicycle in name only

narrow motorcycle wheels (fat for a bicycle) high speed tires, motorcycle fork geometry, no pedals, etc.

its a rocket powered motorcycle in reality. he's still riding balls out and deserves a lot of credit, but it only resembles a bicycle.
actually ive seen fatter tires on bikes at wal-mart (friking ugly things) and that jet bike actually does have petals and gears if you look closely at 2:47 in the vid

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
didn't spot a chain or gears in the pictures, lets call it a moped then :)

fat tire bike tires are probably about the same width as those, the frame on that rocket bike is wide so i thnk it makes other parts look smaller.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
This is more of a bicycle than that thing....

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
those are 29er bicycle wheels. a fair amount of the components look to be traditionally found on bicycles as well. definitely more rocket powered bike than motorcycle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts