Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300; 14/46 sprockets (stock);
Nice! And yes -- great backyard 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Great pics! I'm interested in your route - how did you manage to ride 2,000 miles inside the state (1/2 of the state)?
We covered a lot of ground and 95% of it was on two lane paved roads. I live in northern Colorado so it wasn鈥檛 too hard. First day I rode from Johnstown to Grand Junction. Second day was Grand Junction to Durango riding 141, 145 and 160. Next day was Durango to Gunnison back tracking day before and coming over silver thread highway. From Gunnison we came back to Johnstown to catch Cottonwood pass, RMNP and trail ridge road. From Johnstown we rode to Carbondale taking all the scenic routes including Independence Pass. Next day took us to Pogosa Springs through Hutchkiss, Lake City and Creed. Last day was ride back home from Pogosa Springs ti Johnstown CO. I guess you can say we covered at least half the state. :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome pictures. The Great Smokey Mountains is in my backyard but it is the most visited national park in the US so I have to avoid it most of the time. Winter is off season and the best time to go.
One of these days I鈥檇 like to make it back to the east coast. GSM are pretty dang cool

Registered
Awesome pictures. The Great Smokey Mountains is in my backyard but it is the most visited national park in the US so I have to avoid it most of the time. Winter is off season and the best time to go.
Had to see where you were - Maryville. Been through there a lot on my way to Townsend. Every Nov the Georgia Nature Photographers Association has a long, photography weekend in the are, and we stay in Townsend. I'd love to ride the bike in the area but so far I haven't made the trip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts