Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Kawasaki Versys SE LT 1000, 2022
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the 2022 SE LT 1000. I am getting a very low vibration at 4000 rpm and above. It's just enough to numb my arms and legs after a couple hundred kms. Took it in for its first service and was told that it something the versys is known for. Anyone else having the same issue or have I bought a lemon?

· Registered
359 Posts
Just bought the 2022 SE LT 1000. I am getting a very low vibration at 4000 rpm and above. It's just enough to numb my arms and legs after a couple hundred kms. Took it in for its first service and was told that it something the versys is known for. Anyone else having the same issue or have I bought a lemon?
May want to check out this thread on the subject. There are definite vibrations around 4K then increasing at 6K and beyond. Hope you are able to get things sorted out.

· Registered
2016 Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
225 Posts
The typical in-line 4 has inherent vibration at 4000-ish, but my 2016 is worse at higher rpms.... I'm running a 16T front sprocket, so that makes it 5500-6000-ish. IMHO the biggest influence is uneven firing of the cylinders...... here's what I did recently....

Valve check, intentionally reshimmed all the valves to be same uniform clearance (as best possible) and at ~70% of max tolerance (I don't want to go in there again very soon, lol). Uniform clearances give you the best chance, followed by a good throttle body sync, since that is affected by valve clearances. The results are noticeable, my 6000-ish rpm buzz is minor now and it's a higher frequency than the minor vibe I feel at 4000-ish. I used to get tingly buzzes in the left footpeg and a bit in the handlebars starting at 5500-ish.... much much reduced.

One can adjust the balancer shaft, however, you're not changing the phase of the balancer, just the engagement of the drive gears. Shouldn't be much effect, but maybe, I haven't done that yet. No harm in those drive gear clearances being at minimum..... just follow the manual's procedure.

· Registered
54 Posts
I came off of a smooth as silk Honda Goldwing GL-1800. The inline 4 cylinder in the V1000 is definitely a bit on the buzzy side. Mine has a noticeable vibration at about 4000 rpm and smooths out at maybe 4200 rpm. I’m getting used to it and its not that bad…. Sort of lets you know you have something with a little character

1 - 5 of 5 Posts