Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, question for the 650LT riders.

I just bought a used 2019 (less than 1900 miles on it) the person who owned it tipped it over (ugh, I know…) but I good a great deal out of it.

Two questions here. The guy never installed the hand guards, and with all the excitement buying it (this is my second Versys) I did not payed attention and I don’t see any bolts for the install, does it used the ones on the bike ? Or do I need to get longer ones, if so, anyones mind telling me which I need to get.

Second, when the bike tipped over the turn signal broke, signal looks good, but the cowl that holds it has a whole in it, see pictures.

Can anyones recommends where to get it and what part exactly is it? I think it will be pricey but some of you might recommend something .

Guys, than you very much for your help , been a Versys owner for there last ten years and I love this community and I love those bikes.

F.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
You should have received TWO sets of these. They 'mount' the inner end of the guards while the other end mounts via the ends of your handle-bars.

*DSC_0004 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much fastEddie.

So does the other end requires a different bolt from the one already there I am guessing right?

It's probably gonna be hard to get them without buying the whole set. Sucks.

F.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The bracket kit (217HGS-0007A) should have included all hardware. My LT had them installed when I purchased. I have not been able to find a break-down of the hardware on parts diagrams. If anyone has the original OEM mounting instruction sheet, it should list the hardware part numbers. Not sure if the mounting hardware would be available as separate items though as mentioned previously.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not sure if you can buy the bracket to mount them to the bars by itself. As for the other end, do you have a spacer inside the bar end and is the bolt head sticking out of the end? If so, they you are okay on that end. I take my handguards off in the summer for more air flow and I take that spacer and longer bolt out and use a short bolt because I didn't like the bolt head sticking out of the end of the bar end.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Superglue works on the plastic just great. It leaves a slight visual imperfection, but if you have the missing piece it is simple to glue back together. Get "micro" size front turn signals to avoid that dreaded broken fairing in a tip over!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the replies! as always, this community never lets me down.
NC Versys, yep...those are the bars and plastics except for the small pieces of hardware, hopefully they can sell them separately if not it will suck for me.
Two Wheel, fortunately, yes, it came with the bags....i

I will ask the owner again but doubt I can get any good results.

Guys, any chance you now that cowling part number and where to get it at a cheaper price? OR should I dare fix the one already there? it might not even be possible... haha...

Bike is damn awesome and I ended up saving a lot of money so I want to fix those details but if I can save money in the process, even better. I will start a new thread about the saddle bags since I do have a question for you guys.

Thanks again guys.

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
...I take my handguards off in the summer for more air flow....
When it's HOT I just remove the plastic covers, leaving the aluminum bar for protection in a tip-over, or whatever....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts