Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all i would like thank the people on this forum that gave the information to start with build.
the bike is so much better now..

2019 Versys 650 with 24,000 k on it now - suspension

used for sport touring riding , basically stock except for the following
that make the bike really fun to ride

Tire Metzler M9rr , front and rear front 33psi rear 35psi

Replaced the front suspension with Andreani Evo Misano Kit 105/K15E ,
save you money by this kit

Replace the rear suspension with the following build from Ray @ VSR Motorcycle suspensions in Florida

2008 Yamaha R1 used shock - $80
spring reload, rebound , fast and slow compression dampening

Replaced shock ends with 12mm bearing inserts to fit the 12mm versys shock bolts $35
yamaha was 10mm

New spring for my weight , stock spring is 16.8kg mm hyproco 19kg mm $100.00

installed race tech adjustable sleeve to get ride of the ramp adjust SYPA S4001

Had Ray rebuild the shock re valved / shim stack / oil and setup $150

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Very nice rear shock. I too have damping plus slow and fast compression adjustment but it is YSS shock. In the front, I fitted forks from Versys 1000 plus Hypepro springs.

I had for a short time Andreani cartridges with OEM forks, and they quite nice, but they sent too soft springs. Unfortunately, in the process of changing springs, my mechanic broke the top part of the rod with the lock thread; it is made from weak aluminium so I would suggest caution when tightening it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice rear shock. I too have damping plus slow and fast compression adjustment but it is YSS shock. In the front, I fitted forks from Versys 1000 plus Hypepro springs.

I had for a short time Andreani cartridges with OEM forks, and they quite nice, but they sent too soft springs. Unfortunately, in the process of changing springs, my mechanic broke the top part of the rod with the lock thread; it is made from weak aluminium so I would suggest caution when tightening it.
Kris Question ? Do you still have the Andreani cartridges ? as the cartridges are rebuildable , the rod does not cost allot. you only need to finger tight nut then add 1/4 turn .. italian to english instructions were not that great . but the Andreani cartridges are good to have i put them on my Tiger 800 , and Aprilia Rsv1000

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Oderzo, I still have them, but am not using them because I replaced the front forks with the ones from 1000. I did not think about getting a new rod unfortunately. The 1000 forks plus Hypepro springs work very nice on the 650. I fitted on both my Tiger 800 and Versys 1000 Traxxion cartridges by the way. a lot of money spent on these improvements, but this is the sad fate of bike enthusiasts :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts