Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas of what is causing this? I’m very new to the Versys.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you kindly. Rear brake light switch was the culprit. Way out of adjustment. After much searching I found where it is. Now getting a wrench in there is a different story, luckily I have small hands and could turn the bolt with my fingers. Learned something about this bike today.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Learning is almost always a good thing!

·
Super Moderator
19,423 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thank you kindly. Rear brake light switch was the culprit. Way out of adjustment. After much searching I found where it is. Now getting a wrench in there is a different story, luckily I have small hands and could turn the bolt with my fingers. Learned something about this bike today.
I have had the rear brake switch get gunked up with road grime, oils and debris on a few bikes, which requires cleaning and lubricating. I eventually threw them away and now use hydraulic switches connected through the rear master cylinder.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was about to reply with this solution. Same thing happened with my V650, and it was an easy fix. I was also able to turn it with my wee hands/fingers. :LOL: Glad you were able to fix it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, me too. If we were able to turn the bolt with our fingers I’m guessing the bolt must loosen up with the engine vibration so I put a drop of Blue Loctite on the threads, hopefully that will keep it from turning loose. Thanks for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts