Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Hi folks. I have called a few companies that make shields for 2018 Versys 1000's such as Givi and Puig to check on availability. So far I haven't found anyone who makes a windshield for this bike yet as they have changed the mounting/screen shape for this year. I'm sure that by next spring these companies will have some windshield options, but can anyone steer me towards anyone who does make one now. I am 6'6" so I definitely need a tall option.
I have the VStream® Sport Windscreen for Kawasaki - N20115 VStream® Sport Windscreen for Kawasaki® KLE650/1000 Versys
It has been fantastic! Looks good and does a great job. Here is the video we made of the screen

· Registered
9 Posts
Figured I'd add this here. I decided to pull the trigger on a VStream again after having one on my FJ-09 and Super Tenere in the past. The official measures said they would be the same height as the LT-SE Touring windscreen(bigger than the regular) but in fact its much bigger, almost 2 inch.

Model is N20137.

It will be replacing the Touring windscreen with a small extension.

While fitment is good, there is quite a gap with the 2 mounting brackets in the front. I hope they wont cause wind noise.

Riding impressions to come, here are some pics in the mean time.

Art Font Space Metal Wood

Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Bumper

Hood Bicycle part Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Audio equipment Hood

Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

· Registered
9 Posts
Well that was short. I had high hopes given my previous experience but this is bar none the worst windshield setup I ever had. Came back with a headache avec a 30 minute ride to figure out what height it should be at. I'm 6'4" and regardless of height if anything worst as I raise it, I have severe buffeting and wind slap/shake on the helmet that almost makes it unrideable.This is happening visor up or down.

In comparison, my old touring+deflector setup was allowing me to ride comfortably with the visor up until 90-95km/hre, even highway speeds of 110-120 was good on hot days. No buffeting, head shake or wind issue. The windshield purchase was not necessary but like many of us, I like to tinker and had good experience in the past.

I will now look into returning it if I can. It's that bad. Very dissapointed.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts