Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Does anyone know of any tail tidy's which are compatible with the OEM panniers attached? I have heard that many tail tidys dont work due to the indicators sticking out too far when the panniers are on..

Additionally, I am apprehensive about getting smaller indicators due to the laws around minimum distance between them...

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Round here, in the land of the Scott brothers, tail tidy comes on a roll and sets on a wall bracket. If I run out of tail tidy I holler for the old lady to bring me a new roll from the closet downstairs. If my tail tidy don't work to my satisfaction I like to jump in the shower right quick.

So what's the phrase "tail tidy" stand for across the pond in the land of Thomas Crapper?

Reactions: RocketyMan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks bob and I’m sure bakes100 thanks you too. However I’m in the same place as bakes, I have a 2018 and the link you give says it is only good for 2017. Do you know if it will fit on a 2018 and maybe they just didn’t update the page? I looked for a long time on eBay and could not find one for 2018. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don’t know how I missed the contact seller button, my bad. Just contacted them, I will post again when I get a reply. In case anyone else is curious.

Thx Bob!

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I just got this reply:

New message from: weixin-motor (944Purple Star)
Sorry This item only fit KAWASAKI KLE 650 VERSYS 2015-2017

KAWASAKI KLE 1000 VERSYS 2017-2018
so we cant confirm it fit 2018 Kawasaki Versys KLE 650 LT or not ,Sorry
Customs service Team:Jerry

I’m tempted to just buy it and see, it’s only $35.

·
Registered
548 Posts

Agreed, I would do the same. Chinese manufacturers don't stay on top of bike model changes (or lack of). I've bought other accessories that didn't mention my 2016 LT specifically that worked just fine.

·
Registered
101 Posts

I tried asking him for the measurement to the outside of the light mounts, but have yet to receive a reply. I am hoping someone here tries it out!

I think if it works on the 2017 it absolutely works on the 2018, like mentioned above I think they're just slow to update the pages. I'm just not 100% sure it works with the panniers, as it would be a tight fit even going off the picture, which shows the mount almost as wide as the rear light.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Nice fender!

As far as the Thomas Crapper system,I like the chrome one handed system.As far as the Kawi,I only ride with the OEM panniers on so I tidied up with another brake light and added a real fender.Combined with a rear hugger and the panniers it keeps the wheel spray in...

Is this on a Gen 3 650? I like that fender. What kind, model, etc. is it?

Thank you! :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stock signals

The stock turn signals won’t fit with the fender eliminator and the bags on. So I bought a motodynamics intergrated taillight. All in all I’m very happy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts