Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Does anyone have the spec on the size of the accessories ports on the dash? I’m on a 2018 650 LT. I’ve googled around, and even looked at the OEM accessories made for the port, but can’t find any size details.

My ports when open measure at 44mm/1.77” - which is larger than all of the aftermarket USB and 12v sockets I’m finding. I’m a bit stunned they’re so big.

Thinking about using a thick rubber washer on the outside (between device and dash) and inside (between tension screw and underside of dash) to hold the device and weather seal the opening.

Anyone else solve this prob?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Echotalk, I petty sure it’s ment to be 28mm.
Your idea of the rubber washers is good but you might not have enough thread on your plug to screw it up.
You could glue 1 rubber washer to the outside face with some black MS sealant.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Echotalk, I petty sure it’s ment to be 28mm.
Your idea of the rubber washers is good but you might not have enough thread on your plug to screw it up.
You could glue 1 rubber washer to the outside face with some black MS sealant.
Hey - thanks for that. Helpful to know what they should be. Realized I assumed both sides were the same. Just checked the left side, and it’s 28mm and fits my USB perfectly.

I wonder what the right side is intended for that is that large. I’ll prob just leave it with the cap on - or go on a mission to find a cool blinky farkle that is 44mm wide. Random treasure hunt. Lol.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I fitted on the left the OEM usb charger, and on the right, a perfect place for Voltmeter. if the bike does not have the gear indicator, I would fit it there; mine as I have a new model has gear indicator. I don't remember the size on the right side, but the diameter of the voltmeter was more or less ok. I think that the collar of the voltmeter is 37mm, and the hole is close to it but gives enough support (i did at the end fit a round plastic support, but it is not necessary). as for the voltmeter, i have now a different one that the one below. it is important that the numbers show in red; blue, you cannot see anything in the daylight. these voltmeters are not super precise, but they give you an approximate number so you know when the battery gets drained.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey - thanks for that. Helpful to know what they should be. Realized I assumed both sides were the same. Just checked the left side, and it’s 28mm and fits my USB perfectly.

I wonder what the right side is intended for that is that large. I’ll prob just leave it with the cap on - or go on a mission to find a cool blinky farkle that is 44mm wide. Random treasure hunt. Lol.
I fitted on the left the OEM usb charger, and on the right, a perfect place for Voltmeter. if the bike does not have the gear indicator, I would fit it there; mine as I have a new model has gear indicator. I don't remember the size on the right side, but the diameter of the voltmeter was more or less ok. I think that the collar of the voltmeter is 37mm, and the hole is close to it but gives enough support (i did at the end fit a round plastic support, but it is not necessary). as for the voltmeter, i have now a different one that the one below. it is important that the numbers show in red; blue, you cannot see anything in the daylight. these voltmeters are not super precise, but they give you an approximate number so you know when the battery gets drained.

Ah, very cool. Feel better knowing I’m not crazy. looked factory cut, not like a mod the previous owner made.
I’ve got a voltmeter in my USB. The LED is green, but has a tinted see-through plastic overlay in the USB cap. I’ll have to take it out tmrw and see if I can still read it in the sun.
Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts