Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought it brand new a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I want to learn more about upgrades and accessories I can add to it starting with a 12V outlet. Ive read that the 15-16 years require a relay to be installed . does the 18 require the same relay? Is there a non-OEM I can use instead to save $$?

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
:welcome:aboard and congrats on your new ride.

Not sure if 18 requires a relay but if so you can use any relay, not necessarily OEM.

Enjoy your ride and be safe.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Bought it brand new a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I want to learn more about upgrades and accessories I can add to it starting with a 12V outlet. Ive read that the 15-16 years require a relay to be installed . does the 18 require the same relay? Is there a non-OEM I can use instead to save $$?
I installed a 12v outlet on my 2015 without a relay.

Direct wire to the battery for cell phone charging and also used to plug in my batter tender when parked.

Also take note of where I placed the outlet on the panel.

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/162-general-discussions-v-650/214130-joined-21st-century.html

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

I added a 12v connection from Cycle Gear - cost about $12, and ran it thru the stock connections after adding a relay in the OEM location.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts