·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Something that I found interesting... - it has 44 HP.:D

Back when the Triumph Bonneville 650 ('62) had 40 HP - it was considered a bike for EXPERTS only...!

:eek:

:confused:

:topsecret:

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hoping yamaha now will bring back a new and improved fzr400 or honda's vfr400 .Than I could see picking up a 400.

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
I just got this from CYCLE WORLD. VERY interesting, so I expect that there MIGHT be a Versys 400X in the works....

https://www.cycleworld.com/kawasaki...s-with-2018-ninja-400?CMPID=ene021518#page-11
As I understand it the Ninja 400 is the same bike as the Ninja 650. They just added a sleeve to the bore to decrease displacement. This was done because of licensing restrictions and taxes in some countries that is based on engine displacement. Because of that I'm not sure the Ninja 400 will even be brought to North America.

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I understand it the Ninja 400 is the same bike as the Ninja 650. They just added a sleeve to the bore to decrease displacement. This was done because of licensing restrictions and taxes in some countries that is based on engine displacement. Because of that I'm not sure the Ninja 400 will even be brought to North America.
You MIGHT be right, but the advertised "wet-weight" for the 300X is 385.9#, while the Ninja 400 is 368#, and the Ninja 650 is 425.6#, so it sounds to ME that the Ninja 400 is based on the Ninja 300 NOT the 650.

:huh:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Ninja 400 is already on the Kawasaki.ca website

https://www.kawasaki.ca/product/ninja-400-abs

6199Cad for ABS.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Your half right there was a sleeved down Ninja 650 that was sold in a few country's this Ninja 400 is an all new bike has nothing to do with the old one-and it's already in the USA

·
Registered
27 Posts
It is already in Westfield, IN. I states to call for a price so it is available in the US just waiting to see what the price is on one and to get one around me so I can test drive it. I just found out the price is 5495. with ABS.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It is already in Westfield, IN. I states to call for a price so it is available in the US just waiting to see what the price is on one and to get one around me so I can test drive it.
Same price as last years 300 $4995--it's going to be a big seller

·
Premium Member
7,879 Posts
Wish the 400 had 4 in line cylinders and not the parallel twin..the 400 is replace for the phased put 500.(my 2cts thoughts).

I still love my 09 Versys 650...:x

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 15 of 15 Posts