·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like it......

·
Registered
229 Posts
Cafe version looks good but ha! "Waiting for availability" and pricing in the US.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Both are up on the Kawasaki Canada site.
$12,999 for the Z900RS - $13,199 for the SE version - $13,599 for the Cafe.
(Canadian dollars)

All of those are a hefty premium above the $9,799 asking price on a "standard" Z900 ABS, considering the mechanical similarities.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Both are up on the Kawasaki Canada site.
$12,999 for the Z900RS - $13,199 for the SE version - $13,599 for the Cafe.
(Canadian dollars)

All of those are a hefty premium above the $9,799 asking price on a "standard" Z900 ABS, considering the mechanical similarities

About $10,704 US dollars

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Love the styling. IME naked bikes are great for city riding due to wind flow and light weight but the wind makes for uncomfortable riding at higher speeds on back roads and highway.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Love the styling. IME naked bikes are great for city riding due to wind flow and light weight but the wind makes for uncomfortable riding at higher speeds on back roads and highway.
Not if you have a forward lean and wear the right gear. I can ride all day comfortably on my FZ-07 with the little deflector to hide the wires. When I have bikes with windshields there is always that balance point of clean air versus buffeting that wears you out quickly. I prefer to have my head in the clean air when riding in the sport or sport touring riding position.

When in the Cruiser riding position (which many on this forum try to achieve) then yes a windshield or strong core muscles are necessary.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Over on the UK Versys site they have a link for a new forum on this bike--also on Visor Down they have a first impression after a 45 min ride

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
That was a very comprehensive review. I expect the bike will be a huge seller. I'd consider trading my Versys on one.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Nice review video. I wish they would have taken the time to adjust the suspension for the city ride and let us know if it can be made compliant on rougher roads.

I am not an I-4 guy, but really like this bike.

Wish Yamaha would come out with a retro XS900 triple with drive shaft. Styled like my XS750.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well I waited and waited watched the count down on the Kawasaki site for a month now-and today is the day to be disappointed-I was really hoping for $9999 in the USA-nope $11,200 in rootbeer brown-not happening-nice try Kawasaki being that the bike it's based off of is $8,400

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Well I waited and waited watched the count down on the Kawasaki site for a month now-and today is the day to be disappointed-I was really hoping for $9999 in the USA-nope $11,200 in rootbeer brown-not happening-nice try Kawasaki being that the bike it's based off of is $8,400
Of course Kawasakis generally don't sell for MSRP accept for early adopters that have to have one.

I have never paid near MSRP for any new bike in my life.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Pretty cool bike. I like it, but I liked the first concept much better. Much more bad ass looking. I might pay the extra $$$ for this one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
308 Posts
Of course Kawasakis generally don't sell for MSRP accept for early adopters that have to have one.

I have never paid near MSRP for any new bike in my life.
Your right dealers will sell one or two and than they will sit--look at the Honda CB1100 you can pick up a left over new 2014 for under $8000 -I also have never paid msrp and I'm to old to start now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts