Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is rocky. Just picked up my new 2017 versys 300. Sold a moto guzzi v7 stone so it was this bike or a sportster. I road 3 harleys at the Tomahawk fall run but thought they were too heavy. Road the versys 150 miles so far and am impressed. Engine is more powerful than I thought and its handling is so easy. Lowered peg blocks, speedy bar risers, and tall seat concepts seat are on order. Only reservation I had was this bike having shim valves which are more expensive to adjust. I think this bike will be a keeper like my vespa 250. Anyways HI to everyone.

·
Registered
473 Posts
:welcome: Hi back to you. That is quite a change in ride.
You are correct in that the X300 is so easy to ride - and to move around in the garage.
And it just loves to rev.
Please ignore the running in instructions. Just be lighter on the throttle and stay well away from the red line for the first 1,000 km. :grin2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cant post in any other sections yet. Do the different crash bars for the versus 300 interfere with your legs hitting them. I have a 36 inch inseam and wanted to make sure my legs won't hit them . Thanks

·
Registered
473 Posts
Cant post in any other sections yet. Do the different crash bars for the versus 300 interfere with your legs hitting them. I have a 36 inch inseam and wanted to make sure my legs won't hit them . Thanks
No, they do not and should not even with your longer inseam. You may also like to try footpeg lowering blocks https://motowerk.com/products/lowering-foot-peg-blocks-for-kawasaki although for its small cc rating the X300 is a full sized bike, but slimmer and lighter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts