Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I had a v650 a year or so ago and due to two-up riding and the seat being so uncomfortable, I got a Honda ST1300. Great bike, but really heavy. I'm looking at a 2017 V1000LT and have a couple of questions:
1. It has SW Motech engine guards, but the panniers look very exposed. Does anyone make a guard for the panniers? I could not find anything doing a quick search.
2. It has an aftermarket windscreen installed and at full lock the mirrors hit the screen. Anyone have a solution? Owner has the mirror arms adjusted back quite a bit and it impedes the field of view.
3. Any problems I should be aware of with this model?
The bike only has 4600 miles and looks to be in great shape. I rode it some and it's quite smooth and has good power but I am concerned about protecting the panniers, since stuff happens馃槒
Thanks in advance!

Registered
i have a 17 and have had no problems so far, it has 9000k's on it. as far as the panniers are they the stock one that come on the bike?

Premium Member

Premium Member
For mirrors i went with some KTM Folding Mirrors on my 2016 V-1000. You can adjust the length of the mirror stem to make it longer or shorter. The ones in the link are similar to mine they stopped making the ones i have that you can see in the video below. On mine i have them mounted on some MotoWerk Mirror Extender so they are set at the shortest length......https://moto-science.com/collections/ktm-folding-mirrors-for-all-motorcycles/products/ktm-folding-mirror-225-325mm-adj-stem-bar-mount-6904-05bar-pair

1 - 5 of 5 Posts