Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw a 2017 650 LT Titanium today and this bike had the black top "covers" on the saddle bags. I did not realize this until now but the pictures on Kawi's website have them in matching titanium.

Does anyone have a 2017 650 LT in titanium? If so, what color are your saddle bags?

Thanks.

From Kawi's website:

https://www.kawasaki.com/Products/2017-Versys-650-LT

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
My 1000 came with matching cases that i took off. So i would assume the 650 should also. I know some folks had to wait for hand guards and matching cases last year...

Kawasaki Versys 1000LT by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

Going to try reaching out to Kawi USA on Monday to ask if they can confirm what should come with the titanium 650 LT.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
173 Posts
When I went to the motorcycle show in Dallas in February those bags were on the new 2017 black 650 LT and the titanium bike had the matching bags. This is strange indeed!

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
FWIW - when I got my '15 650LT (green), there was a difference between the general green color, and that of the 'saddle-bag-trim'.

You can see the difference in this pic - it's as if the bike had a "candy-apple green over gold base", while the bags were done "candy-apple green over silver base".

Kawasaki got me the CORRECT colored trim....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to know Kawi came through for you!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stopped by the dealership today for an update on the arrival of my 650 LT and was given some info on the side cases. Per the regional "Kawi rep" there was a shipment of bikes that only contained the black side cases. So what I saw at another dealership and my pix above from a PA dealership were a part of this shipment.

Per the dealership I "should" be able to pick up my 2017 650 LT in titanium this Thursday and that it will have the matching color side cases (like seen on Kawi's website). This is going to be a LONG six days for me....

:cheers:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ugh, so the bike the dealership is getting also has the black side cases. WTF?

Dunno what to think at this point: dealership playing games or the Kawi rep made a promise they should not have made (that the bike I was getting would have the titanium side cases)?

I did point out to the dealership about the replacement parts in titanium: https://www.kawasaki.com/Parts/PartsDiagram/173746/2017/KLE650FHFX

I asked how long for them to get them and that Kawasaki should pay possibly for them.

The dealership did give me an "out" from my deposit but I said no, bring the bike in and I'll pick it up on Thursday.

My journey continues....

·
Registered
530 Posts
As part of the wheeling and dealing, I got the dealer to give me a gift certificate to give me the Kawasaki Green trim (a ridiculous $45) for my black bikes hard cases, which the part department ordered. Maybe you could do the same for both pieces, or at least get dealer cost.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As part of the wheeling and dealing, I got the dealer to give me a gift certificate to give me the Kawasaki Green trim (a ridiculous $45) for my black bikes hard cases, which the part department ordered. Maybe you could do the same for both pieces, or at least get dealer cost.

Yeah, that's Plan B if they (either Kawi corporate or the dealership) won't pay for the replacement parts.

As you stated the trim is $45 and the top covers are $140. So that's about two bills to get the bike to look the way it's supposed to look...

:mad:

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
Yeah, that's Plan B if they (either Kawi corporate or the dealership) won't pay for the replacement parts.

As you stated the trim is $45 and the top covers are $140. So that's about two bills to get the bike to look the way it's supposed to look...

:mad:

As mine collect dust in the spare room...:grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
TRY makin' Joe an offer...!

I'll keep them incase i ever need them or if i sell the bike....The color match cases look good but they get all scuffed up from your boot hitting them. At least for me on my FJR.....:smile2:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, that was fun...

I asked for my deposit back. Once the sales manager said that if Kawi didn't pay for the titanium covers and trim to match what is shown on Kawi's website the dealership would NOT be paying for them, I had a decision to make: either go with the deal they offered with the black side cases and "hope" Kawi would pick up the tab or walk. I walked.

I did email the sales guy and said that whenever the dealership has a 650 LT titanium bike with the titanium colored side cases at the dealership to contact me to see if we can reach a deal.

I'm a bit bummed but I'm sure one day I'll be riding a Versys 650 LT in titanium, it just won't be this week.

:frown2:

Reactions: quexpress

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
I would call Kawasaki's customer service line and let them know what happened. That is ridiculous. Shipping bikes with the wrong color saddlebags. What is going on at Kawasaki?

Many transactions include a sheet that says certain things need to happen after the purchase as part of the contract. For that dealer to say they would not pay for it either means you don't want to deal with them, or they cut the price to the bare bones and had no room to work with.

Either way, that sucks. Good luck finding what you want.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well, that was fun...

I asked for my deposit back. Once the sales manager said that if Kawi didn't pay for the titanium covers and trim to match what is shown on Kawi's website the dealership would NOT be paying for them, I had a decision to make: either go with the deal they offered with the black side cases and "hope" Kawi would pick up the tab or walk. I walked.

I did email the sales guy and said that whenever the dealership has a 650 LT titanium bike with the titanium colored side cases at the dealership to contact me to see if we can reach a deal.

I'm a bit bummed but I'm sure one day I'll be riding a Versys 650 LT in titanium, it just won't be this week.

:frown2:

Have you considered the new, sexy, oh so 21st Century 'rattle can' Titanium finish? A thousand railroad car artists can't be wrong...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts