Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2016 LT with side bags and was going to get the top box. Although the Kawa Top box indicates $275, with all the crap I need to install it, it ends up being more like $850!

I think the Givi Top box is nicer, but Givi told me that their top box (47 L) won't fit with the Kawa OEM side bags (?). Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm so frustrated with Kawa nickel and diming me for a top box. I'm tempted to get rid of the OEM side bags and just go Givi all around.

Thanks (this is my first post).

Mark

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
The OEM Luggage is made by Givi.....

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yes, the OEM case is the same thing as the Givi V47. It will fit as well as will probably any other Givi case.

You'll still need a rack, you can get the OEM one or the Givi one. Only difference is price and a big "K" on it.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
I have a Givi Rack mounted on my 2016 V-1000 with a Givi E-55 Top Case. No issues with the OEM side cases. I don't use the side cases on my bike unless needed. Also Givi make Kappa

Watch the video....

Givi Rack by weljo2001, on Flickr

Givi E-55 Topcase by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
9,103 Posts
Welcome From The North

I have the 2016 LT with side bags and was going to get the top box. Although the Kawa Top box indicates $275, with all the crap I need to install it, it ends up being more like $850!

I think the Givi Top box is nicer, but Givi told me that their top box (47 L) won't fit with the Kawa OEM side bags (?). Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm so frustrated with Kawa nickel and diming me for a top box. I'm tempted to get rid of the OEM side bags and just go Givi all around.

Thanks (this is my first post).

Mark
:welcome:to the forum, chance to save big bucks:wink2::exactly:
I have another post with pictures of my Givi V56 top case and trekker side cases, SOOOOO Glad I didn't get the Kawi side cases , here is my post showing my tank bag. And a second shot of my bike and cases http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/1312010-post2.html

·
Registered
970 Posts
As mentioned above..........the Givi 47L top case and the OEM Kawi one are the same animal. I have the OEM one and "yes", with all the stuff (rack, color matching panels, case, lock, and back rest pad) it came to almost $850. Very nice product though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It doesnt matter how wide the top case is, it would not interfere with the side cases. It is higher up then they are. Here is mine with a givi e45

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone!

Creature, you have the OEM side cases but you put on a Givi Top case with no issues?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess I'll just try it. Givi says is will *NOT* work with my OEM side cases, but since you guys have done it, I'll just try it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The ignition key works for the factory sidecases, it won't work for a aftermarket top case, perhaps that is what they mean ? If you go aftermarket, make sure to check out motostorm.......huge savings and quick shipping from Italy.

·
Registered
970 Posts
A Monokey system from Kawasaki will fit into a Givi 47L with no problem. Then the ignition key opens all cases.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I checked the Givi instructions and the rails mount to the inside of the area where the OEM cases mount. I can't see any problems so I'm going to get the Givi Top Box for my '16 LT. I'll post the outcome one I get the bucks together. It looks like the mounting hardware will run about $100 for the rails and mounting plate and another $370 for the 52L box.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts