Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 2015 v650 last month with 2200 miles on it. After 10 years on a KLR and a Husky TR650, it was time for a change. I think I made the right choice. After the 50 mile ride home from the dealer, I knew the windshield was too small. New Puig shield by the next weekend. Pulled the bars back about an inch, and I think it's the most comfortable bike I've ever owned. Great seat too. I think I'll be keeping this one for a long time.

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A waterproof match holder clips into the u-lock storage bracket. Just guessing that's what they're for. Holds a spare T/S bulb and a couple of fuses. Hasn't moved after 500 road miles.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,602 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,602 Posts
Hmm, can't find it in my manual. '15 California model. I see a Kawi accessory bracket which can be purchased and installed. But the cost of the matching Kawi lock makes me disinterested.
And here it is from the MANUAL for my '08....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
And here it is from the MANUAL for my '08....
Interesting. No such description in my '15 manual. The plastic tray which holds the tool kit does have channels molded in which look like they would cradle a U-lock. Maybe enough changed elsewhere under the seat so that the Kawi lock no longer fits in there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The dash on my bike is set on UK gal. Many attempts to change it have failed. Following the instructions in the owners manual, holding the left button and push right button. It goes to clock reset. Any tricks to reset this?

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Owners Manual pg 53 / Instruction Sucks

The dash on my bike is set on UK gal. Many attempts to change it have failed. Following the instructions in the owners manual, holding the left button and push right button. It goes to clock reset. Any tricks to reset this?
OK the instruction sucks. First key on, no need to start the bike.
You need to be quick about it, my 2015 has 3 settings, mpg , mpg uk , km/l . #1 So Key on
#2 select the total odometer reading ODO will show #3, press and hold the left button while ODO remains in the display, you have about 3 seconds, if E clock setting starts to flash you are too late#4 while the first 3 seconds of holding the left button down, press the right button, first push initiates change, second will change to the next units, 3rd push changes to the remaining unit, 4th gets you back to the start.
I just tried this for sure on my 2015, it does work, the catch is speed as the same button sequence is used to change the clock, also the instructions miss telling about the first push on the right button to initiate.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts