Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few hundred k on the 2015 model, here are a few observations compared with the 08 Versys. A list of mods to the 08 is in order.
Bars raised, Spiegler stainless brake lines, seat mod as per forum member,( thanks for the great pics too) saved my ....A. Raised seat 1" too . 6-1, 34 inseam. Givi touring windscreen, luggage.
The 2015 front end sticks better at high speed. Not sure if it's the new Dunlop rubber or the layered front fairing, or both. Wind protection is better than '08 Shifting and acceleration are smoother on the newer version, but I think the 08 engine was livelier when it came on the pipe. Seat mod is in order for the new bike. Same mod as the 08 unless someone has done one on the new version.
"Foibles". LT comes with factory hand guards which hit anything plugged into the 12 volt socket and either knock it out or at low speed , prevent you from turning. Contacted Kawi Canada. No response yet. Ordered a 90 degree socket for now. Handlebar risers should help also. Any help from other owners is appreciated. cheers

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yes the power plug is annoying . I have the bark buster storm hand guards. I actually had to trim some of the stand off posts by 3/8 to a 1/2 inch just to clear the fairings. its even worse for the power plug. I am looking for a 90 low profile plug for the micro usb. No luck so far just finding apple ones.

Yes the motor is a-lot more lively on the 2011 as well then the 2015

I used to be able to wheelie in second on the 2011 the 2015almost impossible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again and thanks for the welcome. I ordered the 90 degree plug from Amazon. It should arrive this week. Let you know if it works. Here is the code for it . Car Mate CZ206A 15 Amp 2-Way Auxiliary Socket Adapter - Pack of 1 .
Went for a 3 hour ride today and the stock seat has the same issues as the 08. Needs surgery and front end lift for sure. Like to move the GPS from the bars to the windshield mount. SW Motech make one but not available through Twisted Throttle yet. Shouldn't be hard to have a bracket fabricated.

·
Registered
549 Posts
:dgi:
Hi again and thanks for the welcome. I ordered the 90 degree plug from Amazon. It should arrive this week. Let you know if it works. Here is the code for it . Car Mate CZ206A 15 Amp 2-Way Auxiliary Socket Adapter - Pack of 1 .
Went for a 3 hour ride today and the stock seat has the same issues as the 08. Needs surgery and front end lift for sure. Like to move the GPS from the bars to the windshield mount. SW Motech make one but not available through Twisted Throttle yet. Shouldn't be hard to have a bracket fabricated.
here is a bracket I made for my gps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts