Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm about to shop for a versys 2015, but I would like to see the underseat compartments before hand, just in case.

Pictures, videos, depth, width, height if possible.

thanks.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi,

I'm about to shop for a versys 2015, but I would like to see the underseat compartments before hand, just in case.

Pictures, videos, depth, width, height if possible.

thanks.
Why not go to the dealer and ask them to remove the seat pan? You will find the area to be quite small and limiting.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not go to the dealer and ask them to remove the seat pan? You will find the area to be quite small and limiting.
because dealer (the only one who has it in showroom) is too far, and we dont ride bike in winter here to go there (and no car).

I could also have said: because I want more than one person to benefit from the answer, on the net.

·
Registered
179 Posts
because dealer (the only one who has it in showroom) is too far, and we dont ride bike in winter here to go there (and no car).

I could also have said: because I want more than one person to benefit from the answer, on the net.
Well, if the 2015 is anything like my 2011, there isn't any room to store anything. Under seat area holds the battery, some electronics, tool kit, security lock and seat latch and that's it. The seat pan occupies most of the available space.

You could get an idea of what it looks like by going to PartZilla or Babbitts and look at parts diagrams.

This diagram here shows the rear frame area where all of what I just mentioned is stored under the seat.

Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Actually not much; you didn't empty the compartments first! LOL.

And the resolution (was that a 2007 cell phone...!) and lighting are so bad I have no clue what's what, like the rounded shiny piece...

Thanks anyway for the effort.

The question I'm trying to answer is if that can hold my old gorilla 8017 alarm system (3.6"x3.1"x2").
Or at least the 9100 unit (2.75 dia x 1.5") Gorilla Cycle Alarms - Quality Motorcycle Alarms
The rest I can relocate (even the tools' pouch, altough I would prefer not to).

·
Registered
90 Posts
There is a great picture in this thread regarding power distribution blocks by Motojunkee here

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Actually not much; you didn't empty the compartments first! LOL.

And the resolution (was that a 2007 cell phone...!) and lighting are so bad I have no clue what's what, like the rounded shiny piece...

Thanks anyway for the effort.

The question I'm trying to answer is if that can hold my old gorilla 8017 alarm system (3.6"x3.1"x2").
Or at least the 9100 unit (2.75 dia x 1.5") Gorilla Cycle Alarms - Quality Motorcycle Alarms
The rest I can relocate (even the tools' pouch, altough I would prefer not to).
people do you a favor and you thank them by those comments? Good luck with that.

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
people do you a favor and you thank them by those comments? Good luck with that.
Actually, you probably need luck more than I do, because the way you read suggests you misinterpret negatively most posts. My answer was perfectly fine and teasing.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, from what I can tell is that there is simply no room at all...
Sigh.

I prepared foam dummies of the target sizes and I will eventually go see the bike, perhaps during an upcoming show downtown.

thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
--------so the 8017 is the 2 inches the depth?
sure, why not.... doesn't matter. :wink2:

9100 the 2.75 inches diameter may fit on the left side under the plastic--is this alarm encapsulated ( waterproof)
If you meant in the seat cowling, then I hope it can be secured in place. Yes it is waterproof.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I manage to squeeze in a small medkit, a Leatherman multitool and a cargo net. If I don't align those things perfectly, the seat doesn't close, so it's about as much as you can reasonably expect to fit.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
On my 2008 V, there is a huge empty space under the cowl on the left side of the fuel tank. I put a horn relay in there, with lots of room left over.

There is also lots of room under the speedometer, behind the headlight.

·
Premium Member
9,193 Posts
Room Under seat--Tool storage area

So I added some 3/4 spacers under a 2X4, giving a thickness of 2.25 inches, I have a 07 with a Corbin seat. The 5.5" dimension has a additional 3/4 " so 6.25 would also fit.

Picture 2 shows the red terminal to the left of , which is the battery, between the battery and compartment you will notice a tube running across, I have some 3/16 rubber wire tied in place to support the Corbin seat and prevent it from shifting side to side.

Picture 3 shows some white 3/4 foam in a storage area directly in front of the ECU, I doubt you would get anything 1" to fit, but you could put your tools here, one at a time, also the strap goes the long way, so you would need a second means of securing the tools if stored here.

Picture 4 is my brake flasher / Addmore lighting connections and trigger connection for the headlight relay, very top you will notice several wires, I added a longer stud and this is my frame ground with additions.

Picture 5, I added the 3/4 foam to the end of the 2X4 to show the additional room.

Last, I very much doubt the 2015 is different from this. As to the alarm system, this would be the ideal location---:guilty:----wrong again, well I tried:thanx:

Best to read Eddie's next post

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts