Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time hayabusa owner from the USA and now versys 650 owner while living in Asia.

Picked out the fastest color white on a 2015 and getting ready to do some touring. Added the Sargent Sport saddle (low version) as I'm 5'10 and it felt a little high for my tastes and seating position a little uncomfortable. Also added a GIVI 47L box.

Couple questions if anyone is reading...

adjustable screen on the 2015. I had it set somewhere in the middle and experiencing some terrible buffeting on the highway. What's the consensus high or lower screen to reduce buffeting?

adjustable rear shock settings - 150 pounds + 1 click for every 15 pounds a pretty solid formula for determining the # of clicks?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome and orange is the fastest colour, im 5'8 and always had my stock 08 screen on highest setting with no issues.

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts
:welcome:

...Couple questions if anyone is reading...

adjustable screen on the 2015. I had it set somewhere in the middle and experiencing some terrible buffeting on the highway. What's the consensus high or lower screen to reduce buffeting?

adjustable rear shock settings - 150 pounds + 1 click for every 15 pounds a pretty solid formula for determining the # of clicks?
TRY moving it up or down till you're happy. I have basically NO buffeting (about 5'10" w/ 30" inseam).

Try your shock at MAX, then try MIN, then move toward where you felt best.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
549 Posts
I am a bit taller. I am 6'2"
and the screen at the tallest setting was aiming the air at my eye level.
I took apart the front fairings under the wind screen and added some washer under the windscreen mount to tilt it forward to aim the air a bit higher.
That is is till I can order a taller wind screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts