Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

2015 Versys 650 - GPS Mount / Riser

8K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I’ve finally had some time to take my new 2015 Versys 650 for longer rides and I thought that it would be good to make a GPS/cell phone mount for it. This might be the first time that you will see a GPS mount and a handlebar riser as one unit. I’m pretty happy with how it came out. It doesn’t obstruct the clocks, while at the same time it’s in my direct line of view. I’m currently using it with my cell phone.

I also installed the power supply by hooking it up to the park position light (I gently stripped the insulation from the wires and soldered the power plug wire to them). It took actually a lot of effort because I had to take off all the plastic from the front of the bike to remove the power plug cover from the dashboard.

Here are some photos. What do you think?

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
First, very classy looking set-up!
But I really love the position on my FirstGen Moto-mount! (as copied by BMW with the last run of the 1200GS) so much so that I've passed on some really good deals on 2nd gen bikes with low miles to replace my 09 with 50k. I find that top position on the display hierarchy is most logical, also that the distance is better for old eyes that are slower to refocus. I thought the shield supports on the new bikes would lend itself to to a similar mounting method for the GPS. No?

#7 ·
I started with Raiser/GPS mount because it seemed like a good idea. Marrying two devices into one is a cost effective solution. It works for me very well and I generally make things that I like for myself. But, I'm open to designing the GPS mount behind the wind screen like for VK1 if that's what others want.

#11 · (Edited)

Attachments

#18 ·
I don't get the similarity, but maybe it's just me....Speedy :usa:
The similarity for me is WHERE I mounted it, compared w/ yours (which was NOT available when I got my '15).

...Glad you worked it out for yourself :grin2:
What metal did you use for the band strip?

Speedy :usa:
Stainless steel.

I needed something and could NOT find anything at THAT time. Got a FEW of your pieces amongst my 3 Vs....

:grin2:

#20 ·
"Rattle-can" black, and my nav is a Garmin Nuvi 550 (waterproof) car GPS, that stays on the bike ALL the time, even washing it (some use of a pressure washer!). Got them (two, one in each country) for less than $200 each.

:grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.