Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I intend on purchasing a set of 2-inch ROX Handle Bar Adjustable/Pivoting Risers for my 2015 Versys 650 ABS.

However since my Versys is in storage for the winter, I cannot examine the OEM riser to examine its anti-vibration rubber, etc.

Would getting the Rox anti-vibrations ones be an enhancement or overkill?

... or would the "regular" ones do the job (since the OEM ones are already rubber mounted)?

Any insight would be very appreciated. :)

Thanks!

Normand

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a set of 2" ROX Risers w/out anti-vibe on my '15 650, and they work fine.
I forgot to ask ...:confused:
Which model did you get?
I ask because Twisted Throttle does not show one for the 2015 Versys 650.

Would this one fit although the Versys is not listed on the page?

Rox Handlebar Risers For 22mm (7/8in) Bars Including Kawasaki KLR650, Honda XL650L, Suzuki DRZ400, DL650 V-Strom, DL1000 V-Strom, BMW F650GS, 1100GS, 1150GS, & Buell Ulysses | Black - TwistedThrottle.ca

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
I forgot to ask ...:confused:
Which model did you get?
I ask because Twisted Throttle does not show one for the 2015 Versys 650.

Would this one fit although the Versys is not listed on the page?

Rox Handlebar Risers For 22mm (7/8in) Bars Including Kawasaki KLR650, Honda XL650L, Suzuki DRZ400, DL650 V-Strom, DL1000 V-Strom, BMW F650GS, 1100GS, 1150GS, & Buell Ulysses | Black - TwistedThrottle.ca

Thank you
I can't find a good pic just showing the riser, but you just need the 7/8" one, as that is the size of the handlebars on ALL of them. I had this riser on my '09 till it 'died'.... These pics will show it a bit.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a 2-inch riser for 7/8-inch bars. I'll order it.
Thanks for the pics and insight Ed.
Much appreciated! :)
Normand

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the regular risers, the anti-vibe one I received was a funny color and really stuck out. Also it wasn't solid (obviously) and I didn't like that feeling of extra play. I didn't install so I can't comment on the vibrations, but when I ride I don't feel a thing on the highway.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the "regular" one.
Thanks everyone! Much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
so.... do you have to change the brake & clutch lines?

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
How did you tighten the top two bolts directly under the risers?

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
How did you tighten the top two bolts directly under the risers?
The MANUAL for both the Gen 1 and 3 (650) indicates that you "snug" those two (18'/# torque) w/ the other two 'loose', then move the risers/ bars to where you want them, then tighten and torque the other two bolts to 18'/# also.

So as you do this, you'll have the fronts tightened and a "gap" at the rear of the 'holder' UNTIL you torque them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts