Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this question within another thread but I'm hoping my thread title gets better traffic here.

I'm waiting for the Moto Werk lowering kit for my 2017 Versys 650 LT.

I was able find a 2015 Ninja 650 side stand (34024-0103) on eBay.

Looking at this Ninja stand and what's on my Versys it "appears" this shorter stand should/would work.

Am I in for any surprises when I go for the install (switching of the side stands)?

Thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I could not get a straight answer when I was lowering my 2015 LT, so I just went with the kickstand kit from Motowerks. I then bought a 2015 OEM kickstand on Ebay for $20 as a spare in the event I sell the bike and the new owner wants it raised back up. Hopefully the ninja kickstand will work. Let us know. BTW, I found a few tricks when lowering my 2015 that personally think worked better than what was suggested in the instructions from Motowerks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks quexpress. Good to know.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ugh. Went ahead and ordered the stand insert from Moto Werk.

My eBay Ninja stand was $10 so I'm not out a ton of money. My guess is I'll have to grind down what quexpress posted above.

I may give the Ninja stand a try and just have the insert there "ready" if it's a cluster F; no desire to grind down my new bike to make another stand fit. The OEM Versys stand will be easier to replace than grinding down that plate...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts