Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm decided to install HID projectors in the 2015, I cannot stand the yellow (missing) light that comes from the halogen.

I'm planning to buy the Morimoto mini H1, and install some LED halos ("angel eyes").
Did anybody install something like that?
how much space is inside the headlight? can I install a 70mm LED halo?
where I could get more info?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Do yourself a favor... get a chinese knock-off Ninja 300 headlight (about $100 on ebay) to play around with.
Our Headlights are STUPID expensive to replace.

·
Registered
213 Posts
thanks!!
600$ for a Chinese headlight....hmmm

I just need to know what's the LED diameter... I'll try to make a comparison from the photos ;)
BKMoto kit comes with 70mm halos, and an option to add second 95mm halos. The morimoto projectors have a lens diameter of 64mm, so the 70mm halos should work fine.
Be aware that it is very difficult to open up the oem housing. Kawasaki uses silicone glue that does not soften with heat. Some have reported on the ninja 300 forum that it has taken six hours to pry the assembly apart and damage is often done to the plastic. In addition, you will have to cut out the bottom of the reflectors to fit the projectors.
The ebay link I posted is for headlight assembly from Kingtech Auto. Full assembly with white halo and 35 watt ballasts is $399.99 with free shipping. They use high quality components and connectors.
Kawasaki Ninja 250 300 LED Angel eye HID Projector Headlight Assembly 2013 2014 2015 2016

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for info!!

I know it's going to be difficult to open, I'll see what works best.
I configured the headlights how I want and it comes to ...684 CAD :(((

I had Morimoto in my 2009 Versys, never had a problem. I had to open the headlight and trim the mirror to be able to install it.
I'll order soon.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts