Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the new bike but...I know they moved the pegs forward/lower just a touch on the 2015 model. When I'm riding they're great but at stops they seem to be right where I want to put my feet...I'm finding that I'm having to stretch my legs out more to the side, it's just not as natural as on my previous Honda CBR.

Anyone else notice that? I'm scooting back and forth trying to find the "right" seat position and that has an impact on it as well.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Love the new bike but...I know they moved the pegs forward/lower just a touch on the 2015 model. When I'm riding they're great but at stops they seem to be right where I want to put my feet...I'm finding that I'm having to stretch my legs out more to the side, it's just not as natural as on my previous Honda CBR.

Anyone else notice that? I'm scooting back and forth trying to find the "right" seat position and that has an impact on it as well.
Yeah, I notice that too. I just put my feet down in front of them and use my calves to fold the footpegs up out of my way. I really like their placement for riding though. Even so, I'd love to get a set of highway pegs for it.

I am thinking of adjusting the handlebars up and forward a bit. Their placement isn't terrible, but it just seems a little too laid back for spirited riding. Not sure about the levers though. Sometimes mfgs have holes in the bars they peg them to, so that changing the angle of the bars changes the angle of the controls and I don't want to do that.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yeah, I notice that too. I just put my feet down in front of them and use my calves to fold the footpegs up out of my way. I really like their placement for riding though. Even so, I'd love to get a set of highway pegs for it.

I am thinking of adjusting the handlebars up and forward a bit. Their placement isn't terrible, but it just seems a little too laid back for spirited riding. Not sure about the levers though. Sometimes mfgs have holes in the bars they peg them to, so that changing the angle of the bars changes the angle of the controls and I don't want to do that.
You should be able to unless they changed from the Gen 2 models. There are NO HOLES in the bars of my 2011. I've added 3 1/2" of rise and changed the angle of my levers and bars with no adverse effects. You should be able to do the same.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Sounds like they didn't change it that much (or some people would say enough), because that is a common complaint with the first and second gen bikes as well...

Gustavo

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting.
It's great when rolling. Since it's touted as being a good bike around town it's interesting that they didn't find a way to make it a bit more stoplight friendly. If that's my only complaint, though, I think we are dong pretty well!

·
Super Moderator
19,002 Posts

Initially on my '08 and '09 I was getting bruised on the front of my shins. After a bit of 'seat-time' I guess I put my feet down differently now.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I wonder if it's possible to swap the foot peg mounting bracket from a 2015 to a Gen 1 or 2 Versys? That way you could have the pegs in a little better (for taller folks) position.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts