Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The web site list it as "24 Month Limited Warranty" this true? Or a misprint?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
BMW had 3 year and except for fork seals (you could put boots on with free labor if you did not clean bugs off the forks so they would leak) and steering bearings they did not grease at the factory, there was nothing else.

Oh yeah, they did not put rings in 'my' 1997 F650 ST in Austria, lol. They replaced a whole top end and I thought it should have been the bottom end too (2000 miles with no rings putting oil in every few miles!!) I'm going to get CT Racing to put main bushings in, freshen the top end, and get my gears backcut: they do an engine disassembly and assembly for $475. And I'm going to 'try' and get the BMW motherland Getapho to pick up the bill for that and the main busings. Mine was about the first 1997 model in the USA (put together with drunken Austrians.)

Anyway, whether it is 1, 2, or 3 years, it probably won't effect most people. If it don't happen in less than 1 year, it isn't going to happen statistically speaking. And if they did make a manufacturing mistake and it happened after 1 year, the Japanese would hopefully stand behind their great manufacturing reputation (?) I'm not going to hold my breath on the Germans after what I went through (carrying 3 quarts of oil around with me my first 2000 miles!) Afterwards, it ran great all over the SE USA, but the dealer did not clean it out properly and it always used a little oil after the new top end was installed. Other than that though, it rocked hard and steady: Rotax engines are reliable engines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts