Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I want to go cross country this summer and would feel better having some crash bars. Only problem, the only name brand crash bars I can seem to find are the SW motech which appears to hardly cover anything and the bike would tip bacl and forth on it. The other choice I have found is the Puig crash bars but they do not appear to mount to anything in the middl emeaning they would probably be more apt to bend and hit the faring.

Does anyone have any installed on this generation with pics or have any reccomendations?

I tend to purchase from revzilla and noticed they have a GIVI set but they appear to be out of stock and not sure if they are coming back.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've got the SW Motech bars on a 2016 LT and quite happy with them

So, I want to go cross country this summer and would feel better having some crash bars. Only problem, the only name brand crash bars I can seem to find are the SW motech which appears to hardly cover anything and the bike would tip bacl and forth on it. The other choice I have found is the Puig crash bars but they do not appear to mount to anything in the middl emeaning they would probably be more apt to bend and hit the faring.

Does anyone have any installed on this generation with pics or have any reccomendations?

I tend to purchase from revzilla and noticed they have a GIVI set but they appear to be out of stock and not sure if they are coming back.

Thanks
As title indicates I've got the SWM bars and am quite happy with them. Your mileage may vary however..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey "dddd"

That thread is on the older version Versys which is completely different as far as crash bars because of mounting points, hence why I asked for the 15-17 Gen.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It shows that there is more than one page but gives me a "site error" every time I try and leave the first page. Are the 15's mentioned later on?

·
Super Moderator
19,132 Posts
mine has SW-Motech

...Does anyone have any installed on this generation with pics or have any reccomendations?

Thanks
The left-hand of the two pics you posted looks like you'd need to remove the crash-bars to remove the plastic side-fairings. If so - NOT good!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts