Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the max output of the 2015 or 16, 650 LT's alternator?

I just picked up a new '16 650LT and am trying to figure out how many electrical goodies I can add (primarily heated gear). On my previous bike, it was about 55 amps which was way more than enough for what I had on the bike.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Anybody know the max output of the 2015 or 16, 650 LT's alternator?

I just picked up a new '16 650LT and am trying to figure out how many electrical goodies I can add (primarily heated gear). On my previous bike, it was about 55 amps which was way more than enough for what I had on the bike.
From page 1-11 of the Mk3 Service Manual

Alternator:
Type Three-phase AC
Maximum Output 14 V – 24 A @5 000 r/min (rpm)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Exactly what I needed to know. Not use to a bike with only 24 amps. Going to have to be judicious with my electrical farkles.

onewizard - your referenced post gave the baseload, the other piece of important information to know when trying to manage electrons. Great write-up!

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Energy Gain/ Led Conversion

Thanks guys. Exactly what I needed to know. Not use to a bike with only 24 amps. Going to have to be judicious with my electrical farkles.

onewizard - your referenced post gave the baseload, the other piece of important information to know when trying to manage electrons. Great write-up!
May sound ridiculous, convert city lights to T10 led, tail light to led, That is equal to one heated Oxford Grip. You can also gain on intermittent loads, by switching to LED signal lights, equal to 40 watts if converting all four, FYI, don't get the ones with the integral resistor, I bought a 3 wire flasher from China $4 delivered , rated at 220 watts .last you can convert to 3300 lumen LED headlight, if you have the $$$ why not.
Personally, I am running a compufire regulator, with the Gerbing jacket and Oxford grips, I am in the green except at idle, where you run into trouble is the guys that add Denali LED fog lights or run the high beam during the day. The high beam is equal to the Gerbing jacket at max. I have it in other threads, the headlight is rated 55 watts @ 12 volts, this is roughly 65 watts at 14.2 VDC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts