Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems silly to say hi, but rulz are rulz...so here I am, with a brand spanking new leftover 2014 green versys. Had 2 miles on it at the time I loaded it in the truck....yea loaded it in the truck. Not going to take a bike with 2 miles on it and then stick it on I-70 for 4 hours at 80mph....not the way I want to treat a brand new machine.

Anyway here I am...only one post to go before I can become useful.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yeah - I would have ALSO loaded it onto a truck/trailer/whatever. Good call.

Welcome to the forum !

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was a pretty good deal 2014 and with all the dealer garbage OTD for 5300 and change. Ride it for a few years see how the new Africa Twin is going to fair in the real world and go from there.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Seems silly to say hi, but rulz are rulz...so here I am, with a brand spanking new leftover 2014 green versys. Had 2 miles on it at the time I loaded it in the truck....yea loaded it in the truck. Not going to take a bike with 2 miles on it and then stick it on I-70 for 4 hours at 80mph....not the way I want to treat a brand new machine.

Anyway here I am...only one post to go before I can become useful.
I bought a new leftover 14 a few weeks ago, did the same thing, trailer it home. Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
19,138 Posts
Yeah - I would have ALSO loaded it onto a truck/trailer/whatever. Good call.

Welcome to the forum !
:welcome:

I would have found some twisty secondaries, and ridden home THAT way, doing the "motoman" break-in, then changed oil when I got home.

ENJOY your new ride!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts