Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 months ago I replaced the stator and regulator with aftermarket parts due to low voltage at battery. I also replaced the battery as it was 5 years old. I noticed while riding yesterday the clock time on display changed. After getting home bike wouldn't start. Showed 7.8 volts. Recharged the battery. Now12 8 volts. When at idle it stays at that reading. At 4000 rpm 13.2 volts. I figured it would be in the 14 to 15 voll range. Any suggestions or thoughts? Thanks... new to forum....

Premium Member
What year is your bike?
Could you mention what and where you got your stator from same goes for regulator. Also what is your new battery?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year is your bike?
Could you mention what and where you got your stator from same goes for regulator. Also what is your new battery?

Thanks for the information... 2014 versys 650... Xtreme Powersports AGM battery..... I got the stator and regulator from a company called Caltric.... China made.... was a tough fit on stator... Voltage showed 14.4 after replacement...

Premium Member
Did you take any photos of the new stator. I am 99.9% sure it is Y connected and has 66.6% of the copper of OEM . It works if you upgrade to a series regulator and convert to LED Headlights .
Unfortunately unless you keep your oil level high, they fail.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you take any photos of the new stator. I am 99.9% sure it is Y connected and has 66.6% of the copper of OEM . It works if you upgrade to a series regulator and convert to LED Headlights .
No photos.... I don't know if it's a series regulator.... Stock headlights... I will do the tests..... Thanks again....

Premium Member
There is a good aftermarket supplier in the US . That I have recommended for over 2 years. Price is around $150. It is Delta wound with the same OEM specs
ESG638 Stator Kawasaki ZX-6R/ZX-6RR

Super Moderator
OEM or equivalent may be best if tests show parts failure
As the OEM stator and regulator are CAUSING the problems, MY suggestion is to listen to "onewizard" and get a "SERIES REGULATOR", as well as a "Delta wound" stator. (BOTH my '08 and '15 have been updated on his suggestions!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts