Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't post in the general forum having just registered (maybe a moderator can move this there?), so I guess I'll have to post here.

I'm looking into getting my first motorcycle and was leaning towards a Ninja 650R when I discovered the Versys. The Versys looks like it might be better for highway riding, so now I'm looking at the possibility of buying one.

I'll be doing a mix of riding in town and highway. When riding on the highway I'll probably typically be riding 150-250 miles at a time.

I'm in central VA and have been looking at previous years' models since I'm on kind of a tight budget and found these on Craigslist:

2013 Versys 650 - $4795

2014 Versys 650 ABS - $5498

2014 Versys 650 ABS - $5699

Question 1: Is there a significant difference between the 2013 and 2014 models?

Question 2: Do you think these are fair prices?

All of these bikes are around three hours away from me, so I would probably rent a small U-Haul truck to bring it back since I'm a very inexperienced rider (all I've done is an MSF course).

Thanks for your advice :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$5000 seems to be the going rate for leftovers. I'm going to pick up a '14 for 4999 OTD
Wow, that's an amazing price. Where are you at? I'm in central VA and every place I've called is selling '13 and '14 models for over $7k.

Did you get an OTD price from the dealer in Rockingham Nc.?
Yup, $5498 is the OTD price. I just put down a $100 down payment and am going to pick it up next week! :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, that's an amazing price. Where are you at? I'm in central VA and every place I've called is selling '13 and '14 models for over $7k.

Yup, $5498 is the OTD price. I just put down a $100 down payment and am going to pick it up next week! :yeahsmile:
Congrats!

I bailed on the versys. I went tenere instead!
I am in the Detroit area and was searching a 500 mile radius.
I saw a '15 on Long Island for $6999, plus fees I'm assuming

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts