·
Registered
74 Posts
Did you reset the codes ?
Code 62
Subthrottle valve actuator
malfunction, wiring open or short

Do you have the service manual?
If you remove the tank and the air box can you see the butterfly / subthrottle valves open and close when you switch on the ignition

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Did you reset the codes ?
Code 62
Subthrottle valve actuator
malfunction, wiring open or short

Do you have the service manual?
If you remove the tank and the air box can you see the butterfly / subthrottle valves open and close when you switch on the ignition
no i do not have the service manual and yea tank is off valves are in closed position when i turn key they make the wierd buzzing noise i can tell they are trying to open but they dont they just kind of flutter

·
Registered
74 Posts
Service manual says for code 62

62 Subthrottle
Valve Actuator
The actuator operates
open and close of the
subthrottle valve by the
pulse signal from the
ECU.
If the subthrottle valve actuator fails (the
signal is out of the usable range, wiring short
or open), the ECU stops the current to the actuator

Sound like you might be on to something

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well it sounds like your sub throttles are not stuck but they can't tell where they are. Maybe they have their own TPS that is bad or a pinched wire for that stuff somewhere.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Service manual says for code 62

62 Subthrottle
Valve Actuator
The actuator operates
open and close of the
subthrottle valve by the
pulse signal from the
ECU.
If the subthrottle valve actuator fails (the
signal is out of the usable range, wiring short
or open), the ECU stops the current to the actuator

Sound like you might be on to something
so replace the valve actuator?

·
Registered
120 Posts
By the sounds you have idle set too low. 62 code means your bike wont automatically adjust idle RPM and you are in much greater risk of stalling (or cut off)
Ive been living with code 62 for 2.5 years now and it's a small inconvenience when you have a cold engine at the start of the day but its managable

When I startup the bike idle RPM is around 0.9/0.85 which is borderline stalling. Once bike warms up idle goes back to 1.3 RPM. I can adjust the idle screw so would initial cold idle RPM would be like 1.1 but then it means warmed up idle will become around 1.5-1.6 which is a bit much

I was looking just to replace the bodies several times but I didnt replace them due to lack of decent used parts around here. And it's also relatively expensive - I estimate $200-300 for used part or $1000 brand new

But onto your point - just crank that idle screw up and see what happens

21 - 31 of 31 Posts