Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody has heard of something along this engine

Their quite a buzz on a french site about that
It's still a rumor as far as they are concern, but they mention that in the 2012 alignement for kawi, their's no mention of the V at all, so they speculate a bit

So, anyone,
Bueller ?
Bueller ?
Bueller ?

LOP

·
Registered
287 Posts
I was just at my local dealer and he said that the new Kawi's will be announced at the dealers meeting in October in Florida. He knew of the new ZX-14R and figures the ZX-6R, ZX-10R and both the Z1000 and Ninja 1000 should remain the same. He heard nothing about the 650cc models, including the Versys. I am hopeful for an 800cc Versys, not a 1000cc as that would most likely be a 4 cylinder, not the best for a bike like the V...

·
Registered
379 Posts
If they kept the V a parallel twin 1k i might have some interest, but if they made it an inline 4 (not likely) it would be in the crosshairs of so many great bikes (FZ1, ninja 1000, etc)

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
slight change in topic...buuuttt....what's the difference in maintenance between the current V and a 4 cylinder?
If you do it yourself, more cylinders to maintain. More valves to check, more shims to buy, less room to work on it. If a carb bike, twice the carbs to maintain and sync. Fuel injected bikes twice the number of injectors.

If you bring it to the dealer they charge more to work on 4 cylinder bikes than two. At least my local ones do.

So if you only keep a bike 10,000 miles or so, no big deal. If you keep one for it's life expectancy the costs can add up.

I also like the narrower bike that is achieved with V twins and Parallel twins.

One of the reasons the KLR 650 is a popular ride around the world bike is that it is easy to maintain with that single cylinder/one carb engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts