Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
In Australia we have a new rider power restriction rule. A learner approved motorcycle has to be under 660cc and have a power-to-weight ratio that does not exceed 150 kW/t

The Versys L has a throttle stop fitted and an ECU mod to restrict power output to
25 kW. It is a quick job to de-restrict. Some people do it while still on their learners or provisional licences... :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Maybe U.S. should do the L. A guy at a local dealership was test driving,crashed the bike and died in the Hospital. Pretty said.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been riding for 35 years and don't need the "L" version however it was a demo bike and I got free rego so I took it. 4 weeks on and I haven't bothered to deristrict it. They are also worth more when you sell them than the derestricted version.

·
Registered
378 Posts
In January 2013, the learner's restriction will be raised from 34 to 48 HP in Germany. And you need to take another driving test after 2 years to get the delimited license. If you're 24 or older, you can get the delimited license without 2 years learner's permit. That's not so bad and keeps the youth from riding fireblades. You have to really want to ride to cope up with a 34 HP ZX6R...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Nice! :thumb:
I'm looking at a 2012 black model right now. I really prefer the dark forks and swingarm (over the silver) that come on the black model.

·
Registered
612 Posts
In Australia we have a new rider power restriction rule. A learner approved motorcycle has to be under 660cc and have a power-to-weight ratio that does not exceed 150 kW/t

The Versys L has a throttle stop fitted and an ECU mod to restrict power output to
25 kW. It is a quick job to de-restrict. Some people do it while still on their learners or provisional licences... :)
I think that is a great idea. Too many young new riders get killed usually on the sport bikes and don't understand the power yet.
:(

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm planning on painting mine the same as bumble bee here

only replace the yellow with this

and leave the black swingarm and headlight surround of course

1 - 14 of 14 Posts