Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm brand new here and have been looking for additions to my new (to me) 2012 650.

Im in Australia and top box options for this model are severely limited. There's tonnes of decent cheap boxes on ebay, but mounting them? Good luck finding mounting hardware specific for this model without breaking the bank (the bike cost me 5k, and I'm looking at another 500+ just for a box).

Here I can get a set of Givi mounting brackets for my 2012 (2010-14) for AU$230, while here is a set of Givi brackets for a 2015-17 for only AU$70. What gives?

The next best winner for me here would be the Shad Top Master which is still AU$130 and even then I have no idea if it'll fit other brands of boxes.

Does anybody have any DIY aluminium brackets for this model? Or at least cheaper options? Can newer model brackets be made to fit mine? I'm even open to Aliexpress listings because I don't mind waiting a few months to save a couple hundy, I just haven't been able to work out that website to actually show me options for a 2012.

So far the tail is stock, no tidy, and OEM grab handles.

Thanks heaps.

·
Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300; 14/46 sprockets (stock);
554 Posts
There's a lot of info if you search for "650 top box" ... I have a versys 300 with a shad top case ... and a Honda NT700V with a givi. Definitely different mounts/not interchangeable. The Shad boxes usually come with the mounting plate / Givi is a separate item. (not sure if the 650 requires something extra ?) I have bough many of my items 2nd hand/used ... not sure how the used market is on your side of the world ... but usually a significant savings over here (and can usually find in good shape too).

This ain't much ... but welcome aboard, and hope the 650 DIY'ers chime in soon. Lot's of them around.

Good luck !

JT

Reactions: ItsBigNate

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently installed luggage on my new-to-me 2015. Here's my post with details about the mounting hardware in case you might find it helpful. Givi and Kappa use the same mounting hardware as they are essentially the same company.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts