Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just sold my cruiser, I was looking for something different. I put 20,000 miles on my last bike, and maybe 1,000 of those miles were in town, the rest being touring miles. I had every intention of doing the same with my new bike. I purchased the Versys, a '12 model trade-in with about 700 miles on it. The past owner decided he wanted something bigger, so he bought a Triumph 1200 explorer, and I got a great deal on a bike with upgraded tires, an SW Motech rack, and its 600 mile check/oil change just completed. A friend of mine, who just bought a BMW GS1200 Adventure, was planning an overnight ride to meet a friend about 350 miles away. It was going to be the type of ride I don't prefer (Interstate, windy, rainy, lots of trucks, and high speed). But I figured it would make a good shake down run for my new bike. I have all soft luggage (I use strictly Rev Pack gear), so I loaded up the bike, and we headed out. Just 2 days on the road, up and back, gave me what I needed to know about how the bike would handle touring.

This is one amazing, fast, stable and capable motorcycle. It met all my expectations. I figured at least it would be less than comfortable, but I was just fine for the entire trip. The seat feels initially hard, but it seems to suit me. I'm anticipating a lot of fun times on this bike. I can't believe I almost put a down payment on another cruiser before finding this little gem. Glad I decided to sleep on it. Anyway, it's a great bike, and I couldn't be happier with it.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
I came off of a C50 cruiser as well. 22 Years of cruisers. I have never had the fun in all those years that I do now with the V. :welcome:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I've got a Honda ST1100 that I haven't put 50 miles on since picking up my Versys back in November. It's all washed and shined and under its cover in the garage with a battery tender attached. Will probably sell her I suppose. The Versys does it all for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts