Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
The 2011 list(MSRP) in Canada is 8999.00 + tax+license= close to 11 grand or more:eek:
Me thinks the re-sale value of my '09 Green just went up a bit!

ed. the grey '09 thats left at the dealers may have appreciated in value as well!:D

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
$7100 is their asking price. Reasonable for a non-negotiation deal. Everyone has to pay all the extras, freight, taxes etc...

Bet the price could be worked a bit more with a serious offer. I paid a high $6K for my 2010.

Looks like a fair starting point to me!

Thanks for the pics, I love the color.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I like it! I like the headlight, the flat black tank, and the way the body work all ties together. Not much on the $8,000 price tag though.

Thanks for the pics. It's nice to know this model hasn't gone on the shelf yet.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thant's what I paid for my '09 Versys here in Peru...all included. Does it have some real good improvements to deserve that price?

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
Love the color but that flat black tank just kills it for me. I'd pay 8K for it.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Thant's what I paid for my '09 Versys here in Peru...all included. Does it have some real good improvements to deserve that price?
Good question Kurt. They(Kawasaki) are probably treating us like a bunch of..[URL="
[/URL]..thinking if they give us a purdy colour they can raise the price and sell all kinds! I know I for 1 am not biting..[URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I like it! I like the headlight, the flat black tank, and the way the body work all ties together. Not much on the $8,000 price tag though.

Thanks for the pics. It's nice to know this model hasn't gone on the shelf yet.
:eek:Our Versys:eek:

I'd dare say not!
I went months with not a soul asking about the bike.
Then BAM...I don't go 4 or maybe 5 days without a Guy or Gals asking what I ride etc etc etc.:rolleyes:
(along with other riders...all respectful, curious, fellow enthusiasts. The Motor Companies included).
It's all good.
I really am beginning to think that bikes like our "V's" are really sparking a whole other kind of interest in the sport.
When you figure in the continuity of effort, honesty, spirit and engineering consistency Kawasaki invested in the 'kle-650' project, It really is an incredible motorcycle.
It's not what you can do when cost is not an issue.
It's what you bring to the sport when your very best work has a budget.
Daring, Against the grain, thoughtful, contemporary, eclectic:D, and bold.
(butt ugly to some:joke:).
I'm leaving out practical because part of any well engineered...anything!...is a certain level of practicality. Form should always follow function. (and vibrating mirrors be dammed!!!...and clean lines can be sexy).
The bike has...good bones.
There is a very good reason the Kawasaki Versys was 'Bike of the year'.
We all get it.
Wither or not you sell after a year or keep her forever cuz...well, to some she is indeed a keeper.:thumb:
We all get it.
She's a different and capable yet very affordable machine.
Kawasaki's true 'cult' bike for the new millennium. (perhaps a stretch but hey...it got me into the sport:D)
(Kawasaki...sometimes it's the little guy that has the biggest balls...).

More will follow but, we are the first.
kinda cool.
Great bike.
Good friends.
I'll shut up now.
Peace.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Good question Kurt. They(Kawasaki) are probably treating us like a bunch of..[URL="
[/URL]..thinking if they give us a purdy colour they can raise the price and sell all kinds! I know I for 1 am not biting..[URL="
[/URL]
;)Sure Ron..easy for you to say being as you already own one "V".;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I can get a brand new '09 Concours ABS for $9999. If I was looking at a 2010 or 2011 Versys, I'd be very tempted to pick up the Concours instead, at that price.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Great post, stagehand38. A little flowery (where's my smilie), but yeah...we get it and others are getting it too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You guys in america/europe continents are lucky for only pay 4 figure price on versys. We in malaysia have to fork out close to RM50k to own ones... :p

1 - 20 of 48 Posts